Friday, February 24, 2006

I guess I'm blogg'n too!

Well, here I go. I have now entered the world of ....BLOG! I am hoping for this to not only be a place to organize my thoughts, but a place to share my work with family and friends.

I guess I should probably explain the name of this blog..."Sweet as Sugar Candy" as well. When I was very small. We had a dear friend of the family, Mrs. Jedi Kousma. She was the sweetest woman and had a pet name for me. Each time she saw me walking in the door, she would sing a little rhyme...."Mandi....Mandi....Sweet as Sugar Candy..." Each time I remember that silly little song, it brings fond memories of this dear, sweet, lady. So, by naming this blog "Sweet as Sugar Candy", I not only remember Jedi and her kind soul, but also the happiness and joy of a child. I just hope that I can always look at life in the eyes of the child I once was, where things were much simpler and life was meant to be lived to the fullest and enjoyed with those you loved.

1 comment:

M. Elizabeth Baker said...

Hey Mandi...I see you got braces. I remember having those things. Not fun...but well worth it! I feel like I haven't talked to you in such a long time. I really miss our chats and hanging out with you. When will you guys be visiting Cleveland...if at all? Anyway, congratulations on the success with scrapbooking. The pregnancy and post-birth hobby has really paid off, huh? :)