Monday, January 11, 2010

Resolutions

With the look back at last year I see things that went well, as well as things that I would of course like to improve so...no better time than to make my New Year Resolutions. It's not too late for that is it? I also figure that if I type them up to post online and then print them out, I not only have them made up where I can hang them up to remind myself but all my friends and family can see them to keep me acountable for them! Okay so some of my resolutions are concrete things I would like to accomplish this year and others are more ideals.

1. Set aside time to scrapbook so I will spend time for myself. as well as try to get caught up a bit!

2. Read a book a month for myself (realizing this might be hard to achieve it can be a teaching/parenting/marriage/faith based book!)

3. Get my old photos at least organized into photo albums since I am realizing I will never get them all scrapbooked!

4. Get back into the swing of blogging! I know how I have neglected my blog this past year! I started blogging to keep an online record of our lives to print out for my children to have so I need to get back at that.

5. Get my past blog posts printed out, organized, and in albums.

6. Complete the rest of our basement (ie, paint and carpet) so we can have a tv room/playroom/rec room.

7. Do the landscaping around our yard that we wanted done last Spring!

8. Take the girls to see a play...would love to take them to see Lion King!

9. Learn to just smile and remember they are only young once....when they are all grown and moved out I will actually miss all the smudges, crumbs, and noise.

10. Get into a better morning routine with the girls before school starts. Oh how mornings are my true test of patience. I will get up early and have my quiet time...I will get up early and have my quiet time....

11. Have a mommy-daughter day with each one of my girls where we do whatever they want for the day and just spend one-on-one time with them.

12. Work on setting aside time for both myself as well as time with my husband just to relax and repair.

13. Start a Love and Respect Bible Study for young couples in our house.

14. Take the family to Williamsburg and Jamestown to see where our country got it's start.

15. Go away for another couple's time with hubby like we did in San Antonio last year.

16. Print out last years pictures and get them oganized and ready for either albums or scrapbook layouts.

17. Continue and expand my list of blessings to pray over our children each day.

18. Make use of both our Y membership as well as the fact that we live on the edge of our city park.

19.. Make our homeschool experience one where they learn through life experiences and not through textbooks.

20. Learn to pick my battles with my children while they are young so we are prepared for when they are older and it really matters!

1 comment:

Calina said...

Those sound like some great resolutions. You have quite a few, looks like this year will be even busier for you! LOL!