Sunday, February 26, 2006

Slowing Down to Hear God..........

In service this morning Pastor discussed the "hurriedness" of our lives and how we often miss God. It kinda hit home. I mean have you ever been seeking God for something and just feel like you're hitting the wall and your prayers are bouncing back to you? Maybe it's because you're just too busy to hear what God is saying? How can we expect to find Him and His will for our lives if it passes us in a blur? I will be the first to admit that my life gets to be run by a list of things that should have been done yesterday. I guess what I am trying to say is that if you are asking yourself..why can't I seem to hear your voice God? Have you ever thought maybe he is talking and you just can't hear because you are trying to finish your to-do list? I think maybe I need to sit a while and try to just communicate with God on His terms. Not asking and pleading for anything...just spending time in His presence and in not my hurried up life. Just a thought.

No comments: