Saturday, June 13, 2009

Omaha Children's Museum

So today we took a break from the road/hotels and the girls and I ventured out to Omaha's Children's Museum while Nathan was in meetings. This was definitely a stretch for mommy and her sanity but I really thought the kids would enjoy it. The girls loved the pretend/imagination room the best where all the dress up, puppets, mini grocery store, water table, fire station, and mini house all were. I couldn't get Caroline away form the fire station and play trucks. She was in full coat/hat/boots driving a pretend firetruck saying "Me firetruck!" Grandpa's firetruck!" How cute! Anytime I couldn't see where she had wandered off to, I'd find her at the wheel of that firetruck. Maddelyn and Emma had a blast playing in the make believe miniature house with some other children. Emma told me she wanted to go with a group of older school children on their bus back to school. Um??? Ok? Maddelyn couldn't leave her OCD tendencies at the hotel. She was having fun playing in the little grocery store where you "shop" for items, check out with them and then put them all back on the shelves so other children can shop as well. Well, I found Maddelyn not just shopping with her little cart like all the other children, but putting everyone else's items away. Yes, she was cleaning/organizing the mini grocery store! It half makes me proud and half freaks me out just a tad! This evening we spent with a family here in Nebraska that used to be Nathan's youth pastors! He also used to babysit their oldest boys when they were both still in diapers and not... 17 and 15. Yep that makes us feel old! Tomorrow we are heading to the Omaha zoo so it should be a great picture taking day.










No comments: