Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Flew By!

Okay so I am realizing that regular blog posts during the Summer is really not just going to happen. I can barely remember my name at this point so updating about our crazy life really just hasn't happened. I am going to make a major effort though to keep regular posts once the school year has started. Man...where did the Summer go? I can't believe that the school year is just a little over 2 weeks away. I realized today that I hadn't even started ordering the kids school supplies from A Beka yet. Yeah I was totally caught off guard with how soon school will be starting. I guess I need to get on the ball. Maddelyn will be starting first this year and I believe we will be starting Emma with kindergarten. We've had lots of conversations as parents and I've done some work in each of the kinder and preschool textbooks with her to see which she is ready for and I think we've decided to do kindergarten. She has one of those October birthdays that puts her withing 2 weeks of the cut-off date for making the local city school's kindergarten class this year. So, after lots of thought we have decided on kindergarten this year. Emma is VERY driven and loves to learn so I think she will do well. Like Nathan said if we have problems we can always pull back and start the preschool curriculum instead.

We've spent the past week with Nathan's family visiting Pa and Cedar Point and then we did the Ohio State Fair with my parents. The kids had such a great time but boy were we tired after the garage sale and then right into our week with Nathan's and my family.


While in Pa, Nathan's brother's fiance Emily died and cut my hair as well as gave Elijah his 2nd hair cut and straightened Emma's hair. Emma just thought it was the best to be all done up like that. Doesn't she look like another child?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I could not resist this edit.. Mandi- Emily dyed your hair- not died ;) hehehe- she didn't kill it, did she???? Sorry, I am in tutor mode all the time now-
That baby boy is getting tooooo big! And I LOVE Emma's hair- so cute ;)