Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's been a long time.....

So obviously it's been a really long time. It's been a busy year and a year of walking on faith too and really blogging wasn't the first thing on my mind. Maybe blogging would have made the year a bit smoother if I had typed it all out but life goes on and before you know it months have passed and no blog updates. So out with the old and starting fresh from here.

The summary of our year...

In June Nathan and I went out to Texas for his cousin's wedding and we got to congratulate Andrew and Elba on their beautiful wedding! I was blessed to try my hand at taking some photos or them of the wedding...so much fun!

July brought lots of visitors to our house! We started the month with Alicia and Emily and then ended the month with my sister-in-law Emily. It was so nice to have a house full of guests! the kids didn't know what to do with themselves after everyone had gone!
This Summer we were very blessed to find out that we were expecting a 5th baby. For reasons known only to God Himself He chose that our precious wee one was better off with Him. The rest of the Summer was spent learning a lot about God's plan for our lives as well as trusting completely in Him for our well being. I think God really was able to use this as a time for both our family and Nathan and I's marriage to grow stronger.

In September we were sooo excited to spend Labor Day in Williamsburg Va visiting my bestie Alicia (love ya girl) and her parents. We had so much fun both visiting colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown but also just spending time with her family. Of course the time ended way too soon and we can't wait until Alicia, Emma-Lee, and hopefully MeMaw Joye come to visit us this next Summer.

October was filled with Emma's 6th birthday party and our annual Hamons Family Camp Out. Emma had her very first slumber party and was blessed to have Miss Heidi do her party as an example for her new party business. Our house was oozing in hot pink and black with bling!! The Hamons Camp Out this year consisted of 34 people in 5 campers and 2 tents, 14 of those people being 8 and under!

November brought another wonderful blessing of finding out that we were again expecting a new baby. Of course there were lots of worries and fears but God has really given us a sense of peace over this baby and as of 2 weeks ago we were able to see a precious wiggling baby with a good strong heartbeat! As of the week of Christmas I am now 11 weeks along and our new arrival is due July 10th. Nathan is pulling for a boy for Elijah's sake, but of course I'd love another little girl! I've never had a little one to do my own hair bows on so it would be a really fun change...however we'd be thrilled with either!

That now brings us to December and Elijah's 2nd birthday. That just amazes me that he's 2! So weird to thing that I was pregnant with him when we bought this house and started our remodel! Wow! Elijah had also was blessed to have Heidi do his party as well and we of course had to do John Deere and farm. It was adorable!

So looking back this has been a very full year! We now have 1 girl in second, one girl in kindergarten, and one in preschool, Elijah is now 2 and oh yeah we have a new puppy! We welcomed Hershey our chocolate lab into the family in July. So anyways its been a full year but a blessed year. We've had quite a bit of time relying on God, but He has always been there when we've needed him and been directing our path along the way.
Hopefully this now means that I'll be updating my blog again on a regular basis. I'm making it a priority even if it's just a quick post. Happy Advent!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your update!

Tab

Unknown said...

Awwww...you make my heart smile :) I can't wait until next summer to see you,though!!! Merry Christmas!!

Edna said...

Hey Mandi, so glad you decided to blog again. That's one way for me to keep up with you and yours. Missed not seeing pictures of kids and all,love ya, Edna.