Monday, January 10, 2011

A Wonderful Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. I actually think I told Nathan it was one of the best in years. The whole season just seemed so relaxed and no one was in a hurry. Well I'd say quite a bit of that had to do with me spending most of December on the couch sick with baby #5. It sure does make the busy season slow down a lot! The Christmas holiday itself was just as relaxed! It was so nice to not be running and just take time and enjoy the little moments.

This year Elijah was so much fun! He realized very quickly that if he went and at in his "spot" at each gift opening, he'd get a present to open. All you say is "Elijah, you're turn" and he'd run and sit himself down in "his spot". So very cute!

Maddelyn this year also decided she didn't believe in Christmas magic anymore. Well let's just say this was the year where she said she didn't believe but, just in case she still wrote a letter to Santa. She also had to of course tell her younger sister Emma all the facts about Christmas, now making her be doubtful. Maddelyn can't learn any new facts without HAVING to share them with Emma. I was saying that since Maddelyn (at almost 8) still hasn't lost any teeth, she'll be over the tooth fairy now too before she even had a chance with it! She's too smart for her own good!

I tried to pick out some of my favorite pictures from Christmas. I didn't have all the pictures downloaded off my camera yet, but here are the favorites from what I had.....

Christmas Morning in their little Christmas dresses and suit.



Elijah got a workbench under the tree this year!

The girls with their American Girl Bunk Beds. They each unstack too so they have their own beds. I think they were pretty pleased with them!

The kids with their books from us. Each year we buy each child a hard back book, hopefully about something special to their personality. I thin write a letter to them each in the front cover of their book and date it. The letters are about what we've noticed about them that year and how they are growing. Hopefully when they leave us they will have 18 (or so??) books to take with them, each with a letter about how they changed that year.

Maddelyn in her church Christmas play.


Emma and Caroline as Birthday presents for Jesus in the Christmas play.


Making cookies at Grandma Great's house with all the cousins.

Elijah testing out how strong his new train table is that he got from Grandpa Greg and Grandma Bobbie.

Caroline and her beloved Bitty Baby. this was what she wanted most for Christmas and I think it made her day. She plays non-stop with Bitty Baby now and I'm almost fearful that Dumbo might have been replaced?? My little girl is growing up!

No comments: