Thursday, July 16, 2009

7 Months Old

So my little peanut is 7 months old now! Wow! That's hard to believe. It's so weird to me that we're over 1/2 way to his 1st birthday party! He has grown up so much this past month with sitting up, cereal and baby food, babbling, scooting/rolling on the floor and so much more. We are really starting to learn his little personality much more as well. He sure is a HAPPY baby. Everywhere we go people say "Man he's sure happy" As he grins one of those makes your cheeks hurt kinda grins at them just because they spoke in his direction. He isn't just a content, easy going baby, he's a happy baby! He lives to smile! The last picture with him and Daddy just about makes me want to cry! He's just not old enough to look that big! Now of course I couldn't get his to sit for me to take his 7 month pictures. He was determined to wiggle all around so he kept throwing himself backwards. When I would lay him on his back to get a shot of the number on his shirt, he would immediately flip over. Needless to say the days of easy baby photo shoots with Elijah have passed! Oh how frustrating the next 2-3 years will be with taking pictures. I love how when they are tiny you just aim, focus, and click the camera. there is not trying to get them to stand semi still in your viewfinder while getting the to remotely smile or at least look semi in the direction of the camera! Yeah...not easy. All I can say is that all of my children have had more than their share of camera lens caps in the pictures with them. I learned long ago that it is better to give them something tiny that might show up in a picture just to get them to sit still for a moment while you click a picture. This works really well on hair bow pictures when I don't really need to see their faces anyways.




So this weekend we are hosting a big cookout..like I think my over excited hubby invited over 60 people? Yeah he's proud to host our first backyard event in the new house. See I won a prize pack form Oscar Mayer to host a "Hot Dog House Party." (Long story check out houseparty.com to see what I'm talking about.) So by qualifying to host a party for Oscar Mayer I got a big prize pack in the mail including 25 coupons for a FREE package of Oscar Mayer All Beef Hot Dogs, a free ranch dressing and mustard, more coupons, an Oscar Mayer apron/plates/napkins/serving tray, and this adorable glass serving tray as well as 20 Oscar Mayer Wiener Mobile Whistles! Too Fun! So the official day to host these parties was while we were on our trip so I am doing ours now. It should be a lot of fun and hopefully the weather holds out for us.

So obviously my posts since we've been home have been kinda slim, but I am still working on our website re-design for Sugar Sweet Bowtique. It's taking quite a bit of my free evening time not only entering all the detailed information onto the new host, but there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that I have to do to get ready for ll the new products we will be adding to the site. Once it is up and running I will have to link it here again for everyone to see. We have an adorable template that we ordered from a web designer that has pink owls and hearts. Too cute! The site will still have the same web address and all it is just getting totally re-done behind the scenes.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness Eli is SO big! he looks a lot like caroline!

Unknown said...

Oooohhhh...my baby is growing too fast- I need to kiss those cheeks :) He is so HANDSOME!! :)

Joyful Mom ~ Karla said...

He's just so precious! What a cutie pie!