Friday, July 10, 2009

Putting our Heads above the Water!

So I'm here...and still alive. so obviously you can image how much unpacking/getting the house back in order I am trying to wade through after being gone 3 1/2 weeks. On top of that I think the weeds took over while we were gone...no joke Nathan said the neighbors probably thing after the way the house looked and not seeing us for 3 1/2 weeks that we were foreclosed on! No...we just decided to let our yard turn into the Shelby Jungle! So I've been trying to find our yard through the knee high weeds (no joke) and of course my allergies are LOVING that! I also ended up getting into something and have a huge rash on my arm. I actually went the doctor to get treated for poison ivy and he said it was just an irritation??? What?? Okay so this is the worst "irritation" I've ever had from a weed? So not only are we unpacking/cleaning out a month's worth of dust bunnies, getting the yard in order, and trying to get back to normal life, but I thought there wasn't enough on my plate so we started the website re-design on my hair bow website that we've been putting off forever! I'm really exited about it but it truly is time consuming switching everything over to the new web host. Even though it's a lot of work it will look so much more professional and it will run a lot smoother behind the scenes.

We are also getting pretty excited at how close our 3rd floor master suite is coming to being finished. The contractor told my husband today that we should be ready for carpet on Monday. Yes...we've heard that more times than I would really like to think about but we are praying that this time is it. Our bathroom is really making some progress this week and it is just awful looking at that beautiful jacuzzi bath tub and knowing it don't work yet!

Nathan has been at his annual 2 week guard all week and he has to be there until Next Friday. He is coming home some nights, but as crazy as it is here trying to get back into everyday life. It doesn't make it any easier that he has to get up at 5:00 every morning to drive 1 1/2 hours to guard and then has other work items to work on when he comes home in the evenings. We're both beat still and need a vacation from the trip!

Maddelyn will be starting swim lessons at the city pool on Monday. She is NOT happy about it. My little princess is a lot like me in that she hates trying anything new and hates water in her face. this should be fun, especially cine they start at 8:30 that morning when the water is nice and not-so-toasty!

I've also been making up lost of new bow samples for our website and our wholesale customers. Of course Miss Maddelyn was happy to model for me while her sisters were taking naps today! Sad thing is that she was born to be a hair bow model! Yeah I did ask her to pose a bit because I wanted some cute pictures for our website but she naturally hammed it up then coming up with her own little poses! Now if I could only hire her out as a boutique model we could get free little girl boutiqe samples for her to try out and get pictures in and even earn some cash too! I know there have to be other mommy businesses that need a little girl to try out their adorable items! Okay...maybe mommy just wants to try out their adorable things??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the new bows, and that little Miss Martin is such a lovely model :) Talk to you soon....