Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm back!!

Sorry for the delay in posting! Life around here has been pretty crazy! Let's see..... a sum of of the past couple of weeks...

Nathan did return from South Carolina and he ended up meeting us at the Ohio State Fair that day. We spent a lovely day with my parents and nieces/nefew. Maddelyn's favorite part was that Smokey the Bear knew her name! How cute!

That Friday we spent the night with Nathan's Grandmother and Pap (GREAT FISH! YUM!!!) We then left Willard at 6:30 Saturday morning for Indiana. It was the Smith Family reunion that afternoon and it is a 4 hour drive. The reunion was great and of course seeing the in-law cousins was nice too. Maddelyn made off like a bandit at the family's charity auction, thanks to Grandma Carla and Daddy.

Sunday we went to church and Grandma Carla came along. We then had lunch with the Miller's at Fazoli's afterwards.

Monday is when things got kinda wierd on my end. I began having contractions! Yes, I am only 17 weeks, but they were still contractions. I have then been having them off and on all week and lately I am having them all day long. It is much worse the more I move around and especially if I bend over or lift something heavy. So, we went to the OB today to get checked out. He said baby #3 had a good heartbeat and I had not dialated any. He had me get an ultrasound as well and the cervix has not thinned out any yet either. So, good news there. He did say that I have a history of preterm labor (for anyone who doesn't know, we started preterm labor with Emma Grace at 24 weeks and went on until her delivery at 36 weeks.) Anyways, since I have a history, they are going to start giving me a progesteron (sp?) shot once a week until I am 26 weeks. This hormone helps to relax the uterus, keeping it from contracting. I then go back on the 28th for another check up.

So, needless to say.....I haven't felt too up to blog'n this week! Sorry guys for the no pics as well. I have to find my digital camera's cord to load the pics. I do have some nice ones of the reunion and such to share though. Have a great weekend and I will check back in soon...I promise!

No comments: