Tuesday, August 1, 2006

4 Years Already!



A family member asked me for a copy of my wedding photos for an album she's doing, so I pulled out the old album. Man, it's been four years! Actually it seems like a lot longer than that! I mean, hello we've had 2 children, another on the way, an 18 month deployment, 2 undergrad degrees and a masters, 4 homes, 4 cars, 2 cats, 1 dog with 6 puppies, 2 campaigns, and of course 4 wonderful years of marriage.

It's so funny to look back at how much we have gown/changed, as well as how much our love has matured as well. I mean you think you could never be as much in love as the day of your wedding, but then you you hold your first child minutes after she arrives. Then you think, well this is as deep as it get and baby number two warms your heart just as much as the first does. It's so amazing how much a couple's love can grow and mature with each and ever step the family takes. So I think that I was wrong. Your wedding day is not when you are the most in love with your spouse. It is only after a full long life that your love maxes out. So I admire those sweet old couples we see at Walmart because only they know what it means to be more in love than they ever will be. They have seen babies, children leaving the nest, harships, true joy, fears, and hopefully a life of faith in God together. That's what I look forward to the most......growing old with Nathan and falling even more in love with him with each turn in our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blogged from the other end of the spectrum yesterday. We're the "sweet old couple" except you probably won't see us at Walmart! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for loving my son and making him happy!! Your blog touched my heart today! Your the best daughter-in-law a mother could have! Jeremiah has his work cut out for him to be able to even come close to you! lol