Monday, September 18, 2006

What will I do with myself for the next 10 weeks????

Well, the garage sale went well. Nathan returned form his buisness trip, and Maddleyn still loves school. She now can say her full name and address! It's so cute to hear it! The girls leave in the morning for PA to visit their grandparents while we go to DC for 5 days. Nathan has a buisness trip and I am tagging along with him. I will probably be visitn gthe National Archives as well as some of the Smithsonians while he is at his confrence. I am also supposed to meet up with my best friend from College, Alicia, who is expecting her first little girl in Dec. But, this trip might get more complicated after our Dr visit today.

Well, we went to the OB today. It was my regualar check up, but I have been having more contractions, even through the progesterone shots. So, he said flat out that I am doing too much. Even though there is no dialation or thinning of the cervix yet, I am having way to many contractions for 22 weeks. His point was that we are not even to the viability point of 24 weeks yet, let alone anywhere close to delivering a healthy baby. So, he put me on partial bedrest. Basically I will be allowed up an hour in the morning and and hour in the afternoon to do whatever needs done around the house and then it's back on the couch for me. My first thought was...you're kidding??? I have two toddlers and a hubby who travels all the time? No way is that possible? But, my doctor scolded me and basically said you have already had one preterm baby at 36 weeks with problems...it's not worth risking/fooling around with these contractions especially at 22 weeks. He said that he wants me to be in bed until at least 32 weeks.....thats 10 more weeks...and then we would talk. He said a 32 weeker is still a tiny baby but much better than a 22 weeker. So, now Nathan and I are trying to figure out how to manage all of this with him traveling so much and two little girls who need constant attention. Yes, someone can come and help out during the days, but what about when they leave and before they come in the morning? Do I chases kids? We could go and stay with family, but I HATE the thought of uprooting our lives and home for the next AT LEAST 10 weeks? I mean the help would be great, but I really hate the thought of living in another person's home for the next 10 weeks basically loosing all routine we have, and just before the baby comes. Just when we think life is falling into a routine with Maddleyn's school, story hour, Nathan's trips, my ebay stuff, potty training Emma, and the baby on the way......we get a curve ball. So, now what??? Basically the woman in me got a slap in the face today. I am a control freak...do it all yourself...independent kinda person who now has to be on bed rest. This should be definitely a learning experience...or shall we say a test of my will and faith!

Oh yeah, still no name? Maybe it is a boy and that's why we can't choose?

2 comments:

Shirley said...

P&PT for a healthy 40 weeks! You will do what you have to do for the baby's health and your own. GIANT HUGS.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandi!
I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one that constantly gets curve balls! Yup I am pregnant again. #3 for us too exept I'm only like 5 weeks along. We just found out Monday ;)
I know that you will do fine on bedrest, I dread the thought of the possibility of it, or at least the thought that I might not be able to work like I am right now. For some reason I've been more crampy and achy with this one than I remember with my girls, so I don't know if it's selective memory or if I really am more uncomfortable this time around...
anyway I am hardly ever on yahoo messerger anymore, I do have msn that I"m on alot, so umm let me know what you use and when so we can catch up :)

hugs!
Rachael