Sunday, October 1, 2006

Back from DC

Well we're home. We got back on Tuesday, but being on bed rest and all, my energy levels don't always leave time for blogging. We had a wonderful time in DC. And no....I didn't overdo it. I actually really enjoyed the trip and my free time there with no schedule or kids to worry about. I think I was less stressed there than at home? Here is a brief rundown of my trip....

Wednesday - We get to the hotel...a Hilton! at about 4:30 which leaves just enough time to relax a bit and then go to dinner at our favorite restaurant in DC. We ate at the Dubliner's which is a really casual Irish Pub. Nathan and I always have to stop in at least once on our trip for their Reubens and Shepard Pie.

Thursday - Nathan had to meet his candidate for the day going to meetings in DC, so I had my first day on my own. I decided to go down to the American History Museum at the Smithsonian. I took a cab down there and then found out it was closed for the next 2 years to remodel! UHHHH! So I walked around a bit and ended up at the Natural History Museum. It was kinda neat, but waaaaaay too much evolution for me! I know I came from a man and a woman in a garden, not some furry little chipmunk looking thing? I did get to see some dinosaur bones and the Hope Diamond though. They had a neat exhibit of mammals too which was neat. I was like walking through a zoo, except all the animals were stuffed! Kinda weird to have all those dead animals and the evolution thing in one museum??? How did the liberals get the evolution in but they let someone hunt and kill all those animals? LOL! The mammal part reminded me of some republican hunter's den...I guess the liberals in Washington are slipping!

That night we went to dinner with John Cox...Nathan's candidate, and our friend Steve. We had a wonderful dinner at Ruth Crisp's Steakhouse. It was nice, but I don't think my steak was worth $40.00?

Friday - Nathan had a busy day at the Washington Briefing...a Christian conservative conference, so I was on my own again. I went tot he National Archives to do a bit of family research for my aunt. It was so overwhelming! We did not end up finding what we were looking for but it was worth it just to go in and look around!

That night I had dinner with Nathan at the hotel that the conference was being held at and then attended the conference. We saw this hilarious comedian who looked just like Bush! Way too funny! We also hear Ann Colter that night! Gotta love a loud FEMALE conservative voice out there. All the loud female voices are way to the left it seems.

Saturday - I drove into Maryland to see my very dear friend Alicia, from college. My 25 mile trip ended up taking me 2 hours...but I would rather not go into it. Lets just say that we are not moving into DC until we can afford to hire a driver! UHH! DC traffic! We spent the day together chatting and I did get to see her mom as well. Alicia is due a month before me with her first little girl Emma-lee! So funny to think my best friend from college and I are pregnant together!

Sunday - This was our last day in DC and the conference only had a morning session so Nathan and I got to spend some time together. We went down to the Ford's Theater Museum and got to look around. There were lots of neat artifacts on display. We then went down to the Smithsonians...Nathan made me ride in a wheel chair we borrowed from my grandma. We looked through the Air-Space Museum and the Art Museum and then headed to the waterfront for an all you can eat buffet. That night we returned to Ford's theater to watch a play. The play was really good, but it was amazing to see the booth were President Lincoln was shot! you know me and history!

Monday - We left the hotel and headed for Pa to get the girls. We also got to go to Nathan's brother's 16th birthday party at an indoor water park. The girls just loved it!

Tuesday - We headed home!

Wednesday - Nathan left for another trip and the girls and I went to my aunt's house in Willard for the duration. Nathan did not trust me home alone on bed rest. He said I would do way too much! He returned Saturday and the girls and I came back to home to meet him.

It looks like Nathan's younger sister is coming to stay with us while I am on bed rest so that the girls and I don't have to keep going to family member's houses to be babysat. that should be a huge stress relief in itself!!!

****Blogger is not letting me upload pics tonight, so I will try again tomorrow.

No comments: