Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Life with a Cranky 2 Year Old

So today has been a not so great day with the kiddos. I think there is a vibe that sick mommies put out and their children pick up on so they act much worse then they normally do??? Is it kinda like pheramones but "sickmones" instead??? So obviously it was not my best feeling day and then Nathan was of course not here so it was just me and the 4 little ones all day. We delt with crying kids, fighting, dealing with the constructions guys about exactly what we want for kitchen lights, COLD rain and the post office, snot nosed kids, a fussy baby, and as always ribbon orders to work on. Oh...and I am supposed to be packing and getting school work written out for the next week since we will be again traveling. Oh joy what a day!!!

So what does a 2 year old look like when she wants to be "independent" and has a cold???

She cries because she too wants to try on her new swimsuit.
She cries that she has to put the swimsuit on? (mind you she asked to have it on?)
She cries when she sees me pull out new flips flops becasue she wants them on.
She cries as I am putting them on her becasue she says they don't fit (even though they fit her just fine??)
She cries because she wants to eat dinner
She cries becasue I'm not cooking it fast enough for her.
She cries after she decides her food is not really what she had in mind and want something else.
She cries at every stage in getting her ready for bed.
She cries when I put her back into the bed, again, and again, and again ( I think like 10 times???)
She finally fell asleep at 10:30, 2 1/2 hours after I put her in bed the first time. Oh my!

So hopefully tomorrow will run a bit smoother!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain, dear friend- my toddler has cried all day for my mom, and all afternoon/evening for me!!!

Aliya'sMommy said...

I TRUELY believe that sick mom's put out vibes! The night i feel horrible is the night ALiya wakes up all night long, and doesn't want food, or to be held, or to be put down, and sick mom just wants to sleep! So I'm kinda glad it's not just us! LOL See you in about 24hrs!

Anonymous said...

oh goodness that is Danielle to a T, she is like that every single day almost, contrary even when she is getting what she wants!