Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Laws, Layouts, and Potty Training

It seems like I have been meaning to post this all week and haven't! We found out that the new law that was going into effect Feb 9th that would have put all makers of handmade children's items (CPSIA) has been postponed until Feb 9th 2010! They also said that they will be re-evaluating it then as well to see if it is still even going to go through! Whew-hoo! Praise God for answered prayers! This means alot to our family, with having a second income now that we have a new house and a new baby. So...on with selling hair bows!
We had a really nice time at the marriage retreat last weekend. Elijah was just a peach and behaved so well for us. The retreat in Amish country was of course really relaxing (no kids) and it was wonderful for our marriage as well. The kids seemed to have a great time at their grandparents in PA as well.

God not only answered the prayer about that law being postponed so we could stay open, but we've been super busy with new hair bow orders as well! Yep it keeps me very busy and up late at nights, but it is nice to know that we have that extra income. Anyways it is nice to know that we can keep our hair bow bowtique open now!
So here is the photo of the day from the past few days....

January 29
Elijah at the Bed and Breakfast in Amish Country with the Marriage Retreat


January 30
What is meeting my in-laws to pick up the kids in Cleveland without stopping by the Children's Place Outlet. Great deals and I have a coupon! :D



February 4
So it starts! We brought out the potty chairs and pull ups for Caroline today. She's been wanting to potty train since before Christmas, but I just wasn't ready. There was no way I could handle new baby, moving, remodeling, and potty training all at the same time. so we are kinda (kinda not) settled into the new house and Elijah is 7 weeks now so I guess we should get started. The great news is that she has gone twice today and both times she told me she had to go and then actually went! Of course when I ask her if she has to go and then she says yes, it's a false alarm? Oh well, not too bad for her fist day!


I also had to share a few layouts I did for twelvefridays. Man it seems like forever since I have posted any scrapbooking projects on here. That is probably because it's been forever since I scrapbooked! Fortunately though I have been going to a few crops and I will be going to the retreat in Pigeon Forge TN with twelvefriday's in March (YEAH!!!) So it's not quite the resolution I made but better than I was!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

That baby boy of yours is such a little man!!! I can't wait to hold him and kiss him ;)

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Beautiful pages and adorable children! Thanks for sharing your blog with TLC. It's nice to "meet" you here.

Blessings,
Tonya from TLC
www.homeschoolblogger.com/livetheadventure2008