Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things About Me.....

Okay so I've been tagged half a dozen times.... so since I FINALLY adm doing this silly little thing from facebook I mine as well post it on here as well.

1. I'm wife of 6.5 yeas to Nathan and mommy to 4 kids Maddelyn 5.5, Emma Grace 4, Caroline 2, Elijah 6 weeks.

2. Our life always has a "theme of the year" 02-Married, 03-Maddelyn, 04-Emma/Deployment, 05-Deployment, 06-Campaign, 07-Caroline, 09-Elijah/New House 10-?????

3. I am a bit OCD...okay MORE than a bit!

4. Even though Ia m OCD I am a procrastinator! I always seem to be rushing to do things at the last minute.

5. Somehow I ended up being in a (maybe causing us to be) a late family. Growing up I hated late families! Uhhh! What kids do to you!

6. We are about 5 into a HUGE house remodel on a big Victorian home. Oh the joy!

7. I don't want my food to touch on my plate and for the most part if it does I won't eat the parts that touch.

8. My bed covers have to be perfectly straigh while I sleep. I literally will get up in the middle of the night to straighten them if they get twisted or uneven. Okay, well maybe my sweet husband will get up for me! HaHa! Maddelyn has the same psycho problem.

9. I LOVE scrapbooking and photography but never have enough time for either. Now that I have a new scrapbooking room in our house I have no reason not to scrap more!

10. I have my degree in early childhood education for teaching kindergarten-3rd grade.

11. I homeschool our older 2 daughters kindergarten and preschool.

12. I am definitely NOT Betty Crocker! I really find little to no pleasure in cooking or baking. I think I fell off the family wagon on that one. My mom and grandma are both amazing cooks? So obviously that is not a genetically passed down trait.

13. For over a year now, I have made and sold hair bows on the internet. God has really blessed this hobby and turned it into a full blown LLC!

14. I have an honest phobia of snakes. I literally have had a panic attack when Nathan and I were out on a nature walk in a natural cranberry bog 2 years ago.

15. I HATE my wrist or inner arms being touched! For some reason it's like nails on a chalkboard for me and I even have problems sometimes wearing bracelets. Nathan knows this and thinks it's hilarious to hold my hand and then rub my wrist with his thumb or so when we are somewhere serious/quiet that I can't get away from him or laugh like in church! Little Booger!

16. In the 8th grade I rode 100 miles on my bike in one day. For real! Anyone who knows this should be laughing out loud at this right now and my non-athleticism!!! It was a school thing we did to rife up to the lake, on a ferry, around the island, and then back to our school again all in one day.

17. I have a cough...cough...addiction to dressing my children. "Hi my name is Mandi and I have a overwhelming urge for Gymboree and Hairbows!" There it is finally out in the open!

18. Nathan and I are the young couple's leaders in our church as well as elders. Yeah...in our late 20's and elders! How does that really work? Doesn't ELDER kinda mean OLDER???

19. I freeze all the time! No fail, if everyone else in the room is hot I am like ice.

20. I really don't care much for chocolate. I love candy but would go for Swedish fish, starburst, or jelly bellys any day over m&m's.

21. Nathan and I were honored to be on of the first people to go into the viewing of President Reagan's viewing in the capitol building in DC. We waited like 10 hours in the hot sun with a 15 month old and me huge pregnant to do so but it was amazing to see his body laying in state!

22. I once spent 3 days/2 nights at Walmart waiting on PS# to come out in stores! Now mind you that not only do I NOT play video games, but I was like 7 1/2 months pregnant! Nathan and I both waited to get 2 of them and immediately sold them on ebay and made almost $1000 on them. I'd say 2 night's vegging in the aisle at Walmart in lawn chairs was worth it!

23. When I grow up I want to own a scrapbooking bed and breakfast.....or be a Walmart cashier...I would even settle for a guide at a historical home?

24. I love traveling. I told Nathan that I would love to spend my retirement traveling. We'll see? That's weird for someone who had ever only be in like 8 states before i met my husband?

25. I love to read, but really just don't find time to read anything lately besides books with pictures and that rhyme! HaHa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandi you must get your neurotic tendencies
from me. Not crazy for chocolate,food not touching and most of all bedding has to be straight(who can sleep) with messed up covers!!!!!
Love ya,
Aunt Donna