Monday, January 5, 2009

Life as a mom of 4, 5 and under!

Okay..so here is a glimpse of my life with 4 children, 5 and under.....

9:00 am - My 3 little monsters eat an ENTIRE tub of yogurt as well as 3 bananas for breakfast! WOW!

9:30 am - Emma decides that red and white striped Christmas socks are the very best match to go with her navy blue Gymboree dress? I think she gets her fashion from Dad? She also decides that she is a hair stylist and wets down her own hair. I go in the bathroom to find both hair brushes and her and Maddelyn's tooth brushes all in the sink and wet? Hmmm????

10:00 am - I decide to start school with the girls but then realize that the baby needs changed. He messes through his onzie. While in the laundry room dealing with the onzie I decide to put another load in my new washer. As I am taking the clean clothes into our room to be folded I remember that oh yeah...the baby is still laying on the changing table 1/2 dressed! Opps! Thank goodness he can't roll yet! Bad mom!

10:30 am - I realize that I was going to start school again and of course as soon as I sit down to begin the baby decides it's time to eat again so I sit doing phonics while nursing..that's a first!

10:45 am - Caroline decides that school time is the very best time to give herself a make over in the bathroom! If mom's busy she can't say no?

11:00 am - I try to sneak away while they are doing their workbooks so I can change the laundry and find that Caroline has been entertaining herself in the laundry room???? I really don't think I want to know what was going on, but involved baby bottles she found in a box to be yet unpacked, a stuffed monkey that had recently been washed from it's swim in the toilet, and Elijah's blanket from the cradle. She is WAY to quiet when she is sneaking!!!!

11:30 am - I tried to start a new Bible program (Hooked on the Bible) that the kids got from their grandparents for Christmas. I thought it would be best to let Caroline sit in on the story and she thought because we were all in the floor it meant it was time to wrestle??? Um yeah? Funny that today's vocab word was Disobey????

12:30 pm - After School I realized that the upstairs could use a good vacuuming since the new carpet was shedding so much. My children's clothes look as if we have a very short haired puppy in the house by the amount of carpet sheddings they are wearing! While doing this I realize that Elijah is yet again hungry. After his feeding he needs changed again because he just messed through another onzie! Uhhh! That's outfit number 2 and we have not had lunch yet!

12:45 pm - Caroline starts saying that she has to potty so Maddelyn says she will help her get her pants down to sit on the potty. Sure enough she is messy when Maddelyn pulls the diaper off! Uhhh! Maddelyn yells for me saying...she pooped and Mom, her dollar was in her diaper! I run down the hallway and grab Caroline who is bare waist down and by now standing in the hallway. I send Maddelyn for a diaper and wipes so I can keep the mess in one spot. Maddelyn seems to have gotten lost in route so I leave Caroline in the bathroom saying, "STAY HERE!" I find Maddelyn downstairs in Nathan's office holding the dollar and explaining it all to Nathan! UHHH! I grab the messy dollar from her, grab the diaper and wipes and head back to the bathroom. Praise God Caroline is still standing there but covered waist down in mess!

1:00 pm - I finished feeding and changing him and realize that we have no more wet wipes on the changing table. The search begins for the wet wipe refills we had at my parents house???? Yep it's 1:30 and still no wet wipes! Well, I did kinda get side tracked. When I started digging through bags and boxes looking for them of course I had to put some of that stuff away.

1:30 pm - I realize that the reason my stomach is growling is because it's 1:30 and we still have not had lunch or gotten anyone down for naps! AHHH! How did that happen?

So now you know why I think we will still be unpacking about on the 4th of July!!!! On one hand I get about 15 minutes max to unpack a box before another crisis moment happens in our home. On the other hand the more I unpack and sort, the more ammo I am giving my kids to destroy! So it's 2:15 and I finally have the girls fed and in bed. That leaves me just enough time to write this all out and get a bite to eat myself before the baby needs fed again. Oh wait...Emma is yelling? Caroline just spilled a bottle of pop on my bathroom floor? So that's 2 kids back up? How on earth did that all happen. Oh and there goes Elijah starting to whine to eat. This would really be funny if it weren't all true! HAHA!!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I could have been there to help with at least one or two of those stories!!! ;) One thing is certain, life in the Martin household is never dull! Kiss those precious ones for me, and an extra for that baby boy!!

Brenda said...

Well, I'm tired after reading that!!! :)

4ddintx said...

I'm right there with you, Mandi!

BTW, does Elijah need a new size of diaper? Joanna is already in 3's because her belly is big and she was pooping through all of the 2's. (She isn't 3 months yet!).

Just a thought. I'll think of you today while I deal with my own messes!

Tab

Emily said...

Mandi! This is hilarious! Jeremiah and I were watching Jon and kaye plus * last night the only thing he had to say was that you are Kate made over! hahah oh and you and kate's similar lives are what he calls " visual birth control"!

Anonymous said...

cloth diapers! www.cottonbabies.com
get 18 of the BumGenius One size diapers, they are just like disposibles except you toss them in the wash instead of the trash...they never leak for me, it'll run you 300, but, you'll spend that in just 15 weeks w/ disposables.

man your life sounds remarkably like mine! HUGS!!!