Thursday, January 8, 2009

Project 365

As part of my New Years Resolution to scrap more I really have been trying to get back into the scrapbooking vibe. Part of this has been getting active again on 2 peas scrapbooking website/message boards. It helps me be creative when I see what amazing work others have done as well as read the posts about all the newest things in scrapbooking. I feel so out of the loop!!! So after reading several posts about it, I decided to start a year long project that I have been reading about. It's called project 356 and the gist of it is that you journal about your year by taking a photo a day. The pictures on other scrap'ers blogs are of course just gorgeous, but I figured if I just shoot an image a day of something that sums up my day, that will work too? Hopefully by the end of the year I will have gotten better at my photos as well? I also know that there is just no kidding myself that I will get all 365 pictures (I'm already missing like 5 from the beginning of the year!) As I heard one scrap'er say though...even if you only take 15 photos a month, won't you still be happy with yourself at the end of the year at how much you have? So I am full swing into the challenge now! I also saw where scrap'ers took these pictures and then also made up simple journaling cards to jot down a note of what each day's photo was about. Then they take these and place them in baseball card sleeves and then in a binder! Of course some scrap companies were selling amazing albums/kits for this challenge but they sold out so fast that they made that company's website crash!!! Yep...a binder and baseball card sleeves will do for me!
The only bad thing about this challenge is that me being the perfectionist that I am......a photo a day kinda easily turns into a photo shoot a day? So yesterday I tried to make my photo of the day one of Elijah since he was 3 weeks old yesterday. Well I kept snapping more and more, trying out different angles, lights, and props. I think I ended up with over 50 photos for my "photo of the day." I really need to figure the one picture thing out! So here is what I have so far....
January 5
I began unpacking my scrapbooking room here at the new house. It's exciting to have my own dedicated room, but now that I have it, it's kinda overwhelming at just how I want to decorate it?

January 6

I know, more than one photo but it was too hard to choose which one to post. I had fun fooling around with different angles and such. I will narrow it down to one for my project 356, but I just wanted to share a few extras! I will probably fool around with editing a few of these too. Just something a bit different for his 3 week old pictures.





January 7
I spent the day venturing out with my 4 small children by myself for the first time! Elijah had another therapy session for his tight jaw (nursing problems) and I had to run a couple of errands and to the chiropractors. Lets just say it was pretty stressful running in and out of stores with them all in a major Winter storm, but we all survived!

January 8

I spent the evening once again trying to organize my new scrapbook room. I just love these little sundae dishes that I picked up at the dollar store for all my odds and ends.

2 comments:

4ddintx said...

I love your project! I bet it gets easier to take "just" one picture as you get a feel for the project, as well--and who can take just one pic of little Elijah, anyway. You're supposed to take tons of pics of a newborn!

I can't wait to see more of your pictures.

Holly VanDyne said...

GREAT pics Mandi! :) I'm so glad you made it last night - it was fun, and I'm so glad I found your blog! Have a great SNOWY weekend!