Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rainforest Cafe

So obviously I changed things up a bit on the blog. I think it is all the white stuff outside that has had me snowed in the past 2 days that inspired me to go white? We'll see how long I like it???

The kids are in PA right now visiting Nathan's parents (thank you sooo much!!) while we attend a marriage retreat here in Amish country. Our church does three of these over a week at a bed and breakfast. It is our first time but each session only has like 4 couples so it is 3 days/2 nights spent working on your marriage with only the pastor and his wife and 3 other couples. We are so blessed that we have family who is willing to help us out with the kids. Nathan and I would not be able to do 1/2 of the stuff we get to do, if my in-laws didn't offer to keep the kids like they do. Thank you guys so much for that. I have so many other pre-school moms who say they wished they had that as well!

Before I forget, if I can have my friends and family say a prayer. As many of you know, Nathan and I are in charge of the young couples ministry at our church. One of our young couples (who have 4 small children) lost everything they own in a house fire last night. Being a mom myself I can't even imagine what they as parents are now facing. Can you picture telling your kids they now lost all their toys, home, and don't even have an outfit yet to wear to school? No way! Just please keep this family in your prayers.


January 27



So here is my latest photo of the day. I knew when I started project 365 it would be more of a project 150?? LOL?? So as long as I get pictures every few days or so? No, this is not just a pile of laundry ...well it is waiting to be washed. These are all the towns that covered my bathroom and kitchen floor Tuesday night. We had a plumbing problem that lead to rain in my kitchen ceiling from the shower above. AHHHHH! The frustrating thing was I was home along with Elijah when it happened. Nathan had gone to take my kids to Cleveland to meet my in-laws before the big snow storm hit. So I literally called him saying "Nathan I don't know what to do it's raining in the kitchen. No, you don't understand. IT IS RAINING IN THE KITCHEN!" So needless to say our contractor and some of his workers showed up at 9:00 that night to do damage control for me. Praise God! You know how the other day Nathan said our kitchen kinda looked like the Passover?? Well now I have renamed it "Rainforest Cafe" after seeing all the water raining down! The next morning when we had the new kitchen ceiling torn up they found some rotted wood, black mold, and some bare wiring up there. So I guess we should be thankful that it did happen to find all of that before something worse happened like a fire. So we did call our insurance and it will be covered. But, of course this does set us back even further with getting the kitchen up and running while they put all new pipes in, fix the wires and rebuild the ceiling. Oh and more than likely we will also have to go through the county for another inspection....joy! But, like Nathan said, another week and we would have had our new appliances in there, new counter tops, heaters, paint, etc. So it could have been a lot more expensive. Besides that, after getting the news about the family in our church it makes you think...yeah we are even more behind in the kitchen, it is going to be how much more money, and I still am living with a microwave and college fridge BUT we are all still safe and have a home! This is nothing! It is so sad to have to see someone else's troubles before you see how minor yours are int he big picture.

1 comment:

Heidi Lacy said...

Oh Mandy
Wow you r so lucky to have found it early, I will for sure keep you guys and that family in my prayers enjoy your weekend talk to you soon :)