Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back from Tennessee.

Ok, so I know I have been neglecting my blog posts lately, but that is just a small window into how crazy our life has been over the past few weeks. I did return home on Monday from the twelvefridays weekend celebration (crop/classes) in Tennessee. We had a wonderful time and I even brought home an album of 30 FINISHED layouts that the other oh so talented teachers taught over a 2 days span. I wen tot help out and ended up still getting some work done! Woo-hoo! I did not get too many pictures because I was so busy but I did swipe a few from other ladies blogs and such. I do have more pictures of my own but with me not feeling so hot today, I think thse pictures will have to wait a few days. Thanks Heidi and Heather for the great trip! I also met a sweet, sweet lady Amy who was so kind to drive down with me to Tennessee and then ended up being my roommate down there as well. I don't think I've ever met a sweeter person! LOL! So since she owns a scrapbooking store about an hour away form me....that is double reason to drive down and visit her!
The twelvefridays staff that weekend. Heather, Nicole, Me, and Amy. Virginia had already left for home and Heidi was not feeling very well. Say a prayer for her she is having some major back and hip problems right now.
The albums they were working on this weekend. When they left they had a completed American Crafts album with 30 layouts in it. I think that is amazing for 2 days of class and then a crop on Sunday. They were able to do 24 layouts in 2 days of class and then we had 6 additional layouts that we taught as make and takes on Sunday afternoon.

The group of laddies that attended. What a great group!


Us working girls taking a break over lunch in front of the fireplace. Ahhh! So nice!


Virginia Tilley teaching one of her classes. What a sweet girl and doesn't she look adorable in that apron with her little pregnant belly! Another mommy with lot's of little ones. She has a beat by a little bit though with her oldest at 3 1/2 and #4 on the way.

Ladies working on some of the class layouts.

Amy teaching a layout with the layout up on the big screen.

So here is the bat story (REALLLLLY condensed) that I have been promising to you all. I was sitting working on hair bows late one night while Nathan was with work in Texas when I realized I needed another strand of ribbon form the other room. While walking back through the room something darted past my head and I jumped back not knowing what it was. When I turned back to see what had just passed me it was a BAT and it was flying right back at me! I of course screamed!!!!!! I believe the high pitched scream messed up it's whole radar senses because that thing when mad and was diving at my head! Yeah I did not figure this whole theory out until the next day. Well I run into the living room screaming and hide under my baby grand piano. the thing is still flying over my head and I am still screaming under the piano! I finally get enough sense in my head to grab the cell phone on the arm of the couch and call my parents to help. I am sobbing crying when my mom answers the phone and of course she thinks something is wrong with me orthe kids but passes the phone to my dad. He asks if I need him to come and of course I say yes, sobbing. I then realize there is no way I can sit under the piano screaming with it flying over my head for the next 20 minutes while he gets there. When the bat flies back into the other room I decide to dash into Nathan's office and shut the door while grabbing the baby out of his swing on the way. Nathan asked if the baby had been on the other side of the room would I have grabbed him before running into the office and I said I don't know! LOL! Not mom of the year award material! So I then call Nathan in Texas form the office still crying! He asks me where the girls are and I say in bed. he then asks if the doors are closed and I say no. He said that I need to sneak out and get those doors closed. I (still sobbing) say that there is no way I am leaving and he just needs to pray REAL HARD for his kids because I am not leaving that room! Yep, another no mom of the year award! So long story, but he doesn't ever find the bat and I end up staying the night at my parents until he came home. We did though end up covering my fireplace in our bedroom just in case that is how he got in and to keep his friends away. Yet another joy of old houses!!!


March 5th
Maddelyn taking her first pictures with my camera of Elijah in his new pouch carrier I ordered off the Internet.

March 6th

This was the first day that our kids could play outside. They were so excited just to be able to play on the front porch. The grass was still way to muddy to get in the yard but they were just tickled to be outside. Of course another picture of the outside of our house. I can't wait until it warms up a bit more and we get start planting flowers!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just one request- keep the bats out until AFTER Emmy and I visit ;) I am soooo excited, I can hardly wait!!!