Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fevers, Smoke, Scrapbooking, and BATS!!!!

So I am still alive. I am so sorry that it has been forever since I posted. We've had a couple of insane past 2 weeks. Just to give you a hint it is now 1:30 am and I am doing a super quick post from a cabin in Tennessee at a scrapbooking retreat for twelvefridays. Ahhhh. hear that??? No toddlers! I love them to death, but YEAH!!!! Mommy got some kid-free (well almost, nursing baby in toe) time with other adults! You can check out all the fun we are having here! http://www.twelvefridaysweekend.typepad.com/

So the past 2 weeks have been insane with all four kids getting that nasty flu virus. I think that entire week and a half that they had it I might have gotten one night that I slept more than 2 hours in a row! The theme of the week was high fevers, deep coughs, round the clock meds, and middle of the night breathing treatments. Fun! Anyone who knows me knows I don't do very well with little sleep, so almost no sleep makes me not a very pleasant person to deal with.

Of course while Nathan was gone on a trip for work last week all craziness broke loose. We had the super sick kids, major hair bow orders that I had gotten behind on while dealing with the kids, a house filled with smoke as I chared some ribbons in the oven, An oh.... a new little B-A-T friend in my house!!!!! Yeah! Great times!!!! I obviously need to head to bed so I will be a "pleasant twelvefriday's rep" tomorrow instead of a sleep deprived grumpy scrapper! So I will have to wait to tell you my: bat diving at my head - me screaming and hiding under the grand piano - dad with a plastic baseball bat and a butterfly net story until tomorrow. I promise you that as hard as you are going to laugh at me it will have to wait until I get a moment to post later this weekend.

No comments: