Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day, Purple Markers, and Boys????


It feels like forever since I've updated...or maybe it is just that a lot has happened since my last post. We spent the holiday weekend camping with my parents at a local State Park. It ended up that my Aunt's family and my Uncle's family also got reservations that weekend so we had a last minute family camp out. It was so nice for the girls to have all the cousins to play with. We had my 4 as well as my brother's 3 and my Uncle's 3 running around our campsite most of the weekend. With the 2 sets of twins (age 7) our girls had a blast. It is starting to get kinda scary at what these 10 little girls will be like during that pre-teen age! Oh my! Add in the other 2 cousins who visit from Tennessee and that is A LOT of hormones! Maddelyn spent the weekend working on riding without training wheels and learning to tie her shoe. She is doing great with both! I finally said...okay you're six now, this is getting ridiculous. It's time to start learning some new things! Swimming lessons are next! Well, Emma being a second born decided she was going to ask Dad to take her training wheels off as well! She still needs some practice, but did amazing for just being 4. Not long after getting off hr 2 wheel bike, I saw her in a lawn chair trying to figure out on her own how to tie her shoe. Can we say competitive????
Emma also had a little boy run in this weekend. She was making eyes at a little 8 year old play mate of my nephew. Oh my! I over heard her talking to her cousin, so I said.....
Me: Emma, what did you say?
Emma: I'm going to marry that boy someday!
Me: Why do you like him? Do you think he's cute?
Emma: And handsome too!!!
Me: Why do you like him?
Emma: Because he watches me when I do this. (as she dances around)
Me: Do you even know what his name is?
Emma: Let me go ask
Emma: (after running back form asking him) His name is Gace and he's 8.
Me: Emma that's 4 years older than you! That means he was 4 when you were born. That's like You and Elijah!
Me: Emma I don't want to hear anymore about boys until you're 15, and if you do your dad is going to lock you in the camper!
She then walks away and heads back over to watch the little boy play corn hole. She takes turns sitting in a lawn chair that she has pulled up beside him and walking around doing her little dance that she said he watched her do. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! We're in trouble! Those little blue eyes are going to cause us a lot of gray hair I think!!!
Did you know that Crayola's poster makers are NOT washable! Neither did I! Well let's just say that while Mommy was packing for camping last Friday, Caroline climbed a chair to reach the art supplies shelf in the homeschool room. I think she was thinking Sour Grapes Lady (Strawberry Shortcakes Arch Nemesis) when she when with the purple marker??? So needless to say that the child got spanked and then we tried to scrub her down, only getting the first layer off. It was awful funny that she had a white pull-up line under the pull-up! That is definitely a perfectly white panty line! So after Daddy comes home Caroline says" Emma color my belly!" What????? So I call her down and she denies it all. Daddy then looks at her hand and see's a tiny bit of purple eon her coloring hand. He just looks at her and she starts sobbing crying GUILTY! So let's just say that she was in HOT water for not only coloring on Caroline (yes even the inside of her belly button was perfectly purple) but for lying and telling me Caroline had done it and then Caroline got disciplined for it. Funny part is that we had almost the exact same thing happen with a green marker with Maddelyn and Emma when Maddelyn was about three. That's how we knew to check the guilty party's right hand for evidence. Maddelyn was green only on the underside of her right fist. Guilty! It took all weekend for the purple-people-eater to finally fade away!

Here are a few pictures of Caroline modeling some of my new layered boutique bows on my website. I'll be back later tonight to announce a Summer Vacation hair bow give-a-way for our website!






No comments: