Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter from Campaign Headquarters!

I can't believe he's turned me into a campaign wife! LOL! We spent all day Saturday doing my first ever door-to-door campaigning for my dh! That was a new experience for me! We spent from 10:00am until 5:00pm knocking on doors and handing out literature! Yep..LOTS of walking and quite a bit of sun! Actually Nathan, Steve (our campaign manager), and I all ended up burnt! What was funny was that today at church our youth pastor's wife asked me if we had been on vacation? I was like no??? She said well you've gotten quite a bit of sun? I laughed and said no, this is from campaigning door-to-door! LOL! While most 24 year olds are planning how to treat the sunburns they received from Spring Break in Fl......Mandi is treating her campaign wounds! LOL! The best part is that in the next 15 days until MAY SECOND, we will be doing this same thing just about everyday! Lets just say that we have at least 20,000 pieces of literature to pass out before May 2nd! Yep...I'm buying a BIG bottle of sunscreen! :D

Now about the real reason to blog today. I just wanted to say a huge Happy Easter to you guys! We had a wonderful day going to service this morning and then a day with family at a cookout. The food and fellowship were terrific. We had fun hiding the eggs for all of the grandkids. It was so much fun for them that we actually collected them back up and re-hid them for them! You can do that when you have 6 little girls 4 yrs and under! They loved it! We also spent time riding a 4-wheeler and doing target practice! Yes, Nathan helped me shoot for the 1st time. I was so proud that I hit the target withthe 22, with my first shot! Wooo-hooo me a girly-girl. I should have stopped there though because that was all I hit for the rest of the afternoon! Shhh! Just let on like Mandi hit the target on her first shot! :D

I just wanted to say how thankful I am today to be a beliver. How blessed we are to have such a loving God to send His son to die at Calvary for Me??? I like the Christian song out now...can't remember the title or artist...that says that we picture Christ with his curly brown hair, blue eyes, and perfect skin as he dies on the cross. I rejoice that I had the opportunity to see the Passion of the Christ 2 years ago. It really hit home for me just how much Christ did suffer to pay the greatest price for MY sin! After walking away from the movie I was honestly speechless (a huge deal for anyone who knows Mandi >>>>yes I said nothing! ) It left me seeing the cross in a whole new way. A human way. I saw it as his mother peered up at him as she watched her first born be tourchured in a way that you wouldn't treat a animal...and then horrifically die. She saw Him pay that price for us. That tore at a mother's heart. So as you see Easter come to a close tonight. Make sure that you see beyond the "pretty crucifiction painting" that hangs at the front of your church, and see how it really was...a place of sacrafice for all of mankind. He died and rose again for US!

No comments: