Sunday, April 30, 2006

Campaign Update...Prayers Needed!

Just a quick update here at campaign headquarters.....Well, as many of you have heard, this has been a trying weekend for our family. Smack-Dab in the middle of crunch time, we got a phone call that my grandpa was in the ER after his heart stopped at Kidney Dialysis Friday. We had just packed out bags to head to the other side of the district to do a bit of door-to-door that day, but instead stopped everything and headed to the ER. Come to find out they had put him on a vent...not what the family wanted...and according to the doctors he was not expected to make it. My grandpa has struggled with Kidney and heart failure, Diabetes, amputees, as well as other things for many years. Anyways, after discussing it with the family and by him responding to the doctor's questions by squeezing his hand.....it was decided that they would stop all treatments and give comfort care only to him. Basically Grandpa is just being kept comfortable until his time to go. They removed the vent and he was admitted to the hospital. He has been put on O2 and he is being given morphine. So, basically we all said out goodbye's...cried a lot...and now we are just waiting. He is non-responsive now, but we still just sit and wait with him. Sorry for the depressing news, but in our family it is a bitter-sweet even. It is a hard thing to let him go, but we know that he is headed for glory where he won't suffer any longer.

This has made the final few days in the campaign quite unique. Nathan is balancing being there at the hospital with trying to run the campaign. I will have to brag on him a bit and say he has been wonderful through all of this. He took Friday and Saturday off just to be with me and the family at the hospital. Only after my family told him to go did he finally agree to go back on the campaign trail today. Not many men would do that. He was willing to give up all of the campaign time and show us that his heart was where his mouth was by putting family first. Thanks Nathan......what a wonderful man of God you are!!!

So, as we head into the final days of this campaign, I ask for your prayers not only for my family as they prepare for the passing of my grandpa, but also for the will of god to be played out in our lives with this campaign. No matter what results come in on Tuesday night, we know that we were there for a purpose and we followed what God asked us to do. It was all for His Glory...win or loss. Thanks to all of my dear friends and family for supporting us with all of your actions as well as prayers these past few months. We couldn't have made it through with out you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you are dealing with these situations in your life. I couldn't imagine what you are going through with having to deal with saying goodbye to your grandfather and at the same time trying to put everything you can into the campaign. I wish you the best of luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Djhs said...

I'm praying for your family. I read your husbands political page, and I'll be praying for him too. We need some "good" people in congress, and it looks like your dh would be one to make a difference. I love your faith message, and your scripture references. I'll continue to pray for you guys.

Djhs said...

Oh, I found your link on 2 peas--I'm Scrappin-grandma!

scrappeabarbie said...

I'm sorry to hear about the difficult situations your family has been going thru here. God bless you all and I will pray for you.
"Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24

  Power Weeder In uttar Pardesh said...

I really like this post !