Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Our whirlwind lives....

Well, as many of you know by now, these past two weeks have been a whirlwind for us. On top of the last minute campaign rush, we also had the passing of my Grandpa Hartz. It was something very sad but we had known it was coming for some time. We do have peace though to know that he is no longer suffering and is in a MUCH better place now. It was a beautiful service that was held for him. Nathan was honored to be able to participate in the military funeral for him by being an honor guard and firing the rounds. I have pictures that I will post later on, of the military salute as well as my grandma receiving the flag in his honor.

Well I'm not going to go into too deep of a speal, but Nathan did lose the election. As I told him, it was a race well run and I am so proud of him for how he conducted himself. He was able to walk away form the race with not having lost his integrety and not having said something about another candidate he would have been afraid to tell his children in the years to come. Yes, I did marry a wonderful man who not only was man enough to step up to bat and run...but he ran the race God would have wanted him to. I'm so proud of my hubby! :D So now our days are filled with trying to find jobs and still seeking that "normal" life....haha! We are just waiting for God to open that door to lead us into the next stage of our lives.

Today we went out to Kingwood Center and took photos of the girls with the flowers. The photos tured out pretty nice as seeing how Maddelyn was crying and whining between each of the pictures, saying she was done and wanted her treat NOW! Yes, she thought, ok...one pic and I deserve the icecream Mommy promised. It doesn't work like that! I would have to say though that I am pretty proud of the photos we did get. This was my first time doing a photo shoot with my girls outside of pics at the house or such. They actually do look much better in person and not scanned into the computer. I have to say without bragging on myself..not too shabby! :D I'll post more later in the week.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Sorry to hear your DH lost the election.. but there's always next time! Love the photos of your girls.. they are just precious!