Thursday, May 25, 2006

My Little Escape Artist!


We are back form visiting my parents and I have learned Emma has a few tricks up her sleeves! I put both girls down for thier afternoon naps today(...they share a room..) and after a few minutes I heard them giggling! I went in and found them both in Maddelyn's bed? Hmm? I had placed Emma in her own crib? Maddelyn said she used a large box of books placed beside the crib as a stepping stool to get out. Uhh! Emma! So, I moved the box, no problem. I placed them both back in thier own beds and left the room again. Not 2 minutes later Maddelyn is yelling "Mom..she did it again!" No way! So I open the door and there is Emma running around the room. So this time I put her in the crib and then hide behind the crib's foot board to watch and see what she is doing. That little booger walked over to where the foot board meets the crib rail......she grabs ahold of the foot board....hikes one leg over the rail...pulls herself up to straddling the rail.....huals both legs over the rail...and then just kinda free-fall-jumps to the floor! WOW! And this is my tiny Emma Grace and a full sized crib! Who would have known! So, needless to say neither girl got a nap today! How am I going to keep her in bed to take naps? Actually when I put them down tonight I brought the play pen upstairs to put her in. It has a netting side and nothing for her to grab ahold of to fling herself over the edge with. Unbelievable!!!

We got an email form Nathan's Aunt Tabith today and found out they are expecting baby # 5 January 27th! How funny is that! She was pregnant with Lydia when I was pregnant with Emma Grace! Feels like we are trying to keep up with the Jones' on how fast we can have those baby girls! I think that thier #5 is beating our #3 though! It's nice though because Tabitha is such a great resource/bank of knowledge for me on anything to do with babies/nursing/deliveries and all that falls between! Congrats Tabitha!

We are leaving in the morning to go camping with my parents, brother, and his kids. It should be a lot of fun. The weather is supposed to be beautiful so I am hoping to have a chance to teach Maddelyn to ride her bike. She officially knows how to pedal now, it's just confusing because on her bike if she does it the wrong way it puts the brakes on. We'll work on it though. I think we might take her rollerskates too. She is so looking forward to playing with her twin cousins Zoey and Regan.

Nathan should be home on Monday. He is still out in Iowa on the campaign trail.

So everyone, have a great holiday weekend and remember to THANK A VETERAN!!!!

5 comments:

*Heather said...

Those pictures are too funny! Guess it's time for a big girl bed! ;) Have fun camping!

Blessed Ladybug said...

WOW! i remember i had an escape arist too.. that cool y ou caught him in the act...

imanewbierunner said...

Kids are such a blast! What a great escapee she is.

Sofia said...

Those are funny pics! Sounds like she is one determined little girl. It would make a fun layout too. :-)

Melissa said...

oh my!! she is one talented baby ;) love that you captured the pictures of her escaping

have fun on your camping trip!