Monday, April 10, 2006

What does _____ make you think of?

I saw this challange on 2peas and thought...hey..I can actually do this one! So here it goes! I was supposed to type out the first thing that came to my head after reading each one of these words:

1. Harry....the 2-headed monster on Seasame Street (we have a 3yr old and a 1yr old. What else can you expect?)

2. Black.... My favorite color of cardstock to back a layout with. It really makes your pictures pop.

3. Delicious... fruit smoothies..mmm! Wow it is almost summer time which means that the farmer's markets will once again be carrying the FRESHEST/SWEETEST fruit! Woo-hoo! :P

4. Funny... When Nathan's campaign manager got caught in our mini van's automatic sliding door! Too funny! Yes, it might have been dangerous, but now it is plumb hilarious. (Steve...you know we wouldn't make fun of you if we didn't love you!)

5. Green... The color that our grass here in Ohio is FINALLY turning! WELCOME SPRING!

6. Ribbons... My true addiction! I was so inspired by this one that I had to do a layout proclaiming my love to ribbons!!! :D Yes, most of you know that I am hopelessly addicted to scrapbooking...but the truth is that ribbons are the real problem. I think the only thing that might compete with my ribbon buying habit might be my rub-on buying habit? Can a girl have too many of either? I don't thing so! All of my ribbons are neatly wound around clothes pins and then placed in color coded mason jars. Yes...I am a control freak. I LOVE ORGANIZATION! Anyone need me to write up a list for them? I can! :P

7. Internet... Well, I guess I have to place my ode to 2peas here! GREAT site! http://www.2peasinabucket.com These are a wonderful bunch of ladies (and I think a few men too?) who not only are great friends...but share my addiction as well! If it were not for the insiration I get from this site, I would not be the scrapper I am today or have the style I have. I am always learning new techniques as well as finding new products through them! This site also led me to a couple of new local friends as well, Alicia and Amiee!

8. BBQ... Wow...TN BBQ! I have never had one bad meal, it's all wonderful! I guess my favorite has to be John G's BBQ in Cleveland TN! (Smokey Bones/Jordan's/and Sticky Fingers were all close runner's up though! If you're ever in East TN and need to know where to find the best, give me a hollar!

9. People... I guess this one to me is kinda special. It made me thing of all the people in our lives that have helped our family out so much. I was so blessed to have a great support group of family and friends here in OH while Nathan was deployed. I couldn't have done it with out them. I do want to give a special thanks to my parents who so graciously gave up part of their home for my dd's and I. Thanks guys for all the support and thanks mom for being my labor coach/maternity taxi! :) I also am so appreciative of the people who have given Nathan such tremendous backing during his Congressional Campaign. We have some good hearted people out their that not only wish to make a difference by electing Nathan to Congress, but have truely went out of thier way to help out this campaign, support our family, and committing to pray for us. I wan to say thank you guys for all of your support.

10. Quirky... hmmm???? Well what are some of my quirks? I am a freak about my covers in bed? I literally will wake up in the middle of the night, get out of bed, and straighten/re-tuck my covers before I can fall back asleep. Well, I guess to be honest...my DEAR hubby is the one who gets up and straightens them for me! Girls...I told he was a keeper! :D What else??? I go where the heat is. No, I don't mean I spend half of my days in FL, I just HATE being cold. My hubby laughs at me becuase I will literally go into the bathroom with my laptop or a book and sit in the floor just because I can shut the door and turn the heater on to make a sauna. LOL! He HATES being hot and I can't get warm enough. He said that I spent 1/2 of my pregnancy with Maddelyn in the bathroom because I was either taking hot showers ( to get warm) or sitting in the floor infront of the bathroom heater reading a book. See, I go where the heat is. Yep, I'm different but God made me that way...a organizational freak/list maker/always cold/scrapbooking addict /control freak kinda gal. Sometimes it needs some work, but sometimes it makes me who I am. It is kind of funny though because we can already see Maddelyn is picking it up. She cries at night if we put her to bed without "making her bed" first. She is also the only 3 year old who makes her own bed every morning without being told! Yep, it's rubbing off!

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

I so love all you shared.. and your layout is awesome! yOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB!!!