Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My First CHA!!!



Well we are back form our week in Chicago. We are all a little weary from our travels but the show went well. A2Z did quite well with new orders as well as making an appearance. We had so many new people stopping by and commenting on both the booth itself and our 8 paper lines. You can see some pictures of the booth by visiting Heather's blog at http://heatherpreckel.typepad.com/ My pictures look very similar to these so I figured since hers were already loaded up I'd just direct you there. I did upload pictures of some of the layouts and projects I made up to display in the booth. The altered items are in the new Carefree line from A2Z. The layout of Emma is in the new line Giggle and the layout "cousins" is in the new line Wish. I just love the photo of Lil' Emma Grace on that layout. It captured her true self...silly and full of life! What's so funny is that the color version of the photo shows her with a snotty nose and a big bruise on her forehead, but all of that blended in when I turned it to b&w. Isn't it funny what you can hide in a photo!! LOL!

My first experience at CHA was a blast! There were a total of 6 of us in the A2Z booth including Heather Preckel, Heidi Lacy, their mom Ronda, Judith who is on the design team with me, and Amber who designed two of the paper lines. We had so much fun together while of course selling paper! I was a bit overwhelmed with the whole experience though! LOL! There were 3 different covention floors all filled with craft booths, most of which were scrapbooking. I think I got burnt out on seeing all of the new products! Mandi admitting that she was ever burnt out on anything scrapbooking related??? HaHa! I saw tons of new products that I can't wait to get my fingers on once they arrive in stores! I would have to say that my favorites of the week were (A2Z's new papers of course!!!), the American Craft Rub-ons, Bazzil Flowers, 3 Bugs in a Rug Papers, Lil Davis Flocked Ribbons, EVERYTHING in the Maya Roads Ribbon Booth, Heidi Swaps new Bling circles, Crate Paper's new line...I think I may have not been overwhelmed as I thought! I remembered more scrapbooking products than I thought I would! Good for me...bad for Nathan and my scrap'n budget! LOL!

While in Chicago we did get to do a little sight-seeing as well. We went down town on Monday and did the Michigan Ave. shopping thing. It took a lot of will power to walk out of American Girl empty handed! I think we'll wait until Maddelyn is a little bit older? While in Chicago I did get to meet Sarah Cox...Nathan's boss' wife. We stopped by their condo to meet her and their daughter Julieann....adorable little girl! The amount of hair she had put little Emma Grace to shame! :D Sarah was so sweet welcoming us into her home. She and John have a beautiful view out of thier living room windows. I have always said that the city was not for me, but I understand how one could fall in love with it with a view like that. Sarah said that she is interested in beginning to scrapbook, so maybe I can convince her to become a fellow Pea? Wouldn't be great to have a First Lady on the 2Peas board??? LOL!

Life here is trying to get back on track now that the girls and I are home. Maddelyn and Emma are very excited to see Daddy tomorrow afternoon when he returns from his trip to Iowa. I have spent the day trying ot unpack and relax a bit before another busy weekend. We have the final sessions of our bible study/marriage retreat this Saturday and the store is having a 24 hour crop night on Friday to celebrate Heidi's birthday. So basically by the time Sunday rolls around...I should be a happy camper! LOL! I don't do well without sleep. I'm one of those totally non-morning people who doesn't talk until AFTER my shower!!! Ask Nathan, when I'm tired it's best to just leave me be. I know it's not the most flattering fact, but it's me!

I'll try to get some pics of my ultrasound tomorrow and post those. I keep forgetting. Until the next time.....

No comments: