Friday, July 28, 2006

My very own B&B!


Well yesterday was quite a busy day for us Martins. We spent the entire day moving bedroom furniture and re-organizing. Sounds like fun huh? Well it was for the crazy perfectionist/organazional freaks like me!! See, when we moved from Tn to Oh I got rid of our old matresses. So, when I left my parents house to move here, we had a bed, but no matresses for the new house. My parents said we could just take their guest room bed until we bought our own set. Well with the campaign and now Nathan working on the presidential campaign...we hadn't been shopping yet. So, we finally bought our new matresses...they are sooooo comfy! They were delivered yesterday, but in order to have a place for them we had to set our bed frame up and make a new place for it since the headboard is so tall. The bed itself was given to me as an heirloom. It is a cast iron bed with the big brass knobs on each bed post. The bed was what my great-grandparents set up their household with when they were married. So I now have my beautiful antique bed back with new comfy matresses to match!! The most exciting part is that I finally have my room organized as well. See when Nathan started traveling so much on the campaign trail I said that I wanted his office for my scrap room and he could have the studio area in our bedroom for his desk. It all worked out fine with trading rooms...and I now have a WHOLE ROOM to scrap.....but he ever re-organized the mess of office supplies that came upstairs. He is gone so much that he just never got around to it. Well he finally set up his office yesterday and I love it!!! I took a couple of pictures of our new little B&B room! Isn't so cute! Very "Mandi-ish" huh?

Well we are off on the road again tonight. I am attending a 24 hour crop at the store and Nathan is meeting up with some old college friends for a guy's night out. The girls are headed to their grandparents house to play with the twins, so everyone should have a pretty fun evening.

It was so funny, last night at Dinner Maddelyn was so heart-broken when she discovered she wasn't a twin. She was talking about her daddy being a baby inside her grandma's belly....with baby #3 on the way this is a common subject - who was in whose belly. Anyways she then said "like when me and Emma were twins in Mommy's belly." We of course corrected her saying that they aren't twins and she was so upset and determined that they were! I told her that I only had one baby in my belly at a time and that Aunt Thelma and Aunt Cathy had two babies in their belly and that the girls are both twins because they are the same age. It still did not satisfy her. She wanted to be a twin just like her "friends" - cousins are! Nathan and I thought it was hilarious! Only in a family like ours.....(Maddelyn has 2 sets of twin girl cousins, both a year older than her) can a child be heart-broken when she learns that she isn't a twin! Too funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your room! Great Job!!! Can't wait to see it in real life
Love
Mom