Thursday, July 6, 2006

Happy Late 4th!!!

Hey all, sorry for the late 4th post. We spent the weekend with my Mom's sister...Aunt Donna and Uncle Clyde...for the weekend. We had a great time with my parents and nefew Austin as well. Emma ate up time being spoiled by her grandpa of course and Maddelyn had so much fun playing with Donna's dollhouse and Wizzard of Oz Dolls. Donna told Maddelyn this weekend that when we buy a house the dollhouse would be hers. I don't think she quite understood, but I know that she will love it. My aunt and I spent several summers decorating it with wallpaper, carpet, hardwood floors and furniture and it has always been a favorite of mine. Even now I still sneak upstairs to rearrange the dolls. I wouldn't quite say that I still play with the 3 story white pillar mansion, but I do love to look at all the pieces each time we visit. I just hope that my two girls have as many great memories with it through the years as I did.

I finally got back the pics from my cousin's Kaytie's graduation. I kinda stole these off her blog...thanks Kate....because I have not taken the time to scan mine in the computer yet. The pics are of her and her parents, her with my grandparents, and with Maddelyn and my twin cousins Morgan and Cathern. Doesn't she just look so cute in her cap and gown! Congrats again Katers and have fun at Lee U!! p.s. If you bring home a guy with a ring...make sure he isn't a southerner! LOL! Just Kidding!

Nathan arrived hom form NH last night and we are spending the next few days trying to play catch up around here and pack for SC. We will leave Sunday after church and come back the next Sunday. As I had mentioned before the campaign is getting Nathan a condo/townhouse there instead of several different hotel rooms across the state. This way the girls and I can go with him. It is getting to the point that if we don't go with Daddy, we don't see Daddy. The townhouse sounds really nice though. It is in a resort community, so we will have the normal swimming pool, lake, and such there to entertain us while Nathan travels around the state campaigning for Mr. John Cox.

Once we get back on the 16th, I have my first OB appt. on the 17 (I'm 10 weeks now!!!) and then on the 18th the kids go to PA and I go to Chicago for CHA! While we are gone, Nathan will be in Iowa and NH. So basically we are pretty packed for the month of July!!!

Well I will check in agian soon. Sorry for the delay between posts, I guess that is what summer does to me blogg'n. Off to a BBQ with some church friends!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandi -
Now that the 'secret' is out, I can post on your blog! Ha! Have a great time in SC (we're going there in Sept for a vacation - can't wait!). You will probably have a little something waiting for you in the mail when you get back in a week. From me! Have fun!