Thursday, February 8, 2007

Back to Cold...Cold Ohio

Well, we're home! It was so nice to visit a state that's temperature was actually ABOVE zero! It actually felt warm at DC's 25 degrees! LOL! We came home ot a raw temp of about 9 degrees and then windchills on top of that. When we left on Monday morning the temperature was -5!!!! That's before windchills! Many of Ohio's schools have been cancelled this week due to the freezing temps.

We had a nice time in DC. It was really a buisness trip for the campaign Nathan is on, but Caroline and I just rode along and chilled out in the hotel room while he was in meetings. It was nice to be away from everything for a short break. I actually got three scrapbook layouts done in the hotel room. Yes, I took my stuff. What's relaxing if you can't scrap? I will have to post some later this weekend. We were able to go to the Dubliner while we were there. That is the Irish Pub that Nathan and I always have to stop at in DC. They have the BEST reubens...well of course besides my mom's! It was nice to chill out for a while and Caroline was able to get her first taste of Daddy's favorite city at only 3 weeks.

Yes, can you believe it!!! Caroline is 3 weeks old already! WOW! It seems like forever ago that we had her, but I still can't believe she is three weeks old! She is acting much more grown up now. She does pretty well at controlling her head movements and she actually looks for your voice now. Once sh efinds you she will look at you and not past you like she used to. It is nice that she is trying to find us! Caroline is also going through a rough time at night. She has been pretty fussy lately, I think from gasiness? She is not crying out all the time, just she whines all night. Basically she will just lay there whining between feedings. So needless to say, Mommy and Daddy aren't seeing too much of Mr. Sandman these days. I guess that is all part of a new baby!

We got the birth announcemts in the mail today and they are of course GOREGOUS! I posted a pic for those of you who I did not have addresses for. The lady who did them for me is named Marie and she does all kinds of custom cards and invitations.

Here is a link to her sellers page in ebay....
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrainforestoneQQhtZ-1

Here is a link to her about me page on ebay...



Of course I had to add a few new pictures of my girls as well as Daddy and Caroline in Dc this week. Isn't Caroline changing her looks already?

3 comments:

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Congratulations on your new little one! She is just precious. :) The birth announcement is beautiful!

Marie Starr said...

Ahhhh, congratulations on your new baby girl! She is just adorable! GREAT photos and that birth announcement is just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Oh she is just getting cuter and cuter!! I love the pic with all three of your girls, they look so proud, and Caroline is starting to look older now too, I love the top one!