Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Slumber Party and Visting Friends

So obviously we've had a pretty busy last 2 weeks getting ready for my best friend Alicia and her daughter Emma Lee to arrive as well as getting ready for Maddelyn's big 6th birthday slumber party. Alicia and I have been having so much fun this past week that well frankly blogging has not been on my mind at all. We spent the first few days getting ready for the big slumber party bash and then since then have been scrapbooking like mad! We went to Columbus yesterday and visited my friend Amy's store...love it! We also ran into a couple of other stores including Trader Joes (found some great CHEAP gluten free foods there!) We've really gotten some good use out of the project table that my dear hubby made for me for my birthday (pictures to upload soon) Lets just say that both of us are scrapping on it with p-l-e-n-t-y of room! Now if I can just convince hubby to put a flat screen TV on the wall in my scrap room we'll be set!

Maddelyn's party was a hit. She even told me afterwards that it was the very best party ever! We ended up having 14 girls for the party itself (mine included) and then 10 spent the night with us, all 7 and under! We had a Barbie Slumber party with all the girliness included. We did crafts, painted nails, ate popcorn, watched a movie and basically all the norm slumber party things. My little girl is getting so big! I thought I would share a few pictures of the night.

Nathan entertained the girls for a bit with a funny sing-a-long. The kids love when he plays for the, It was cute with all 14 girls singing along.

Here is a shot of the girls' dress up room (off their bedroom) that finally has the hooks hung in it. the little vanity set was from Santa (Target) and then we just hang boards and coat hooks around the room. We still need more hooks as well as curtains at the door way that can be tied back when they don't need them closed.

3 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I am so sad that Lizzy wasn't there....I am glad it was a success1

*Heather said...

How fun Mandy!!! The slumber parties have just begun for you! ;) And the dress up room is just TOO cute!! So jealous of you getting to see Amy and her store too..I will see it in June though! ;)

Unknown said...

That was so much fun to be part of- we miss Ohio already ;( Thank-you for a WONDERFUL trip and for letting Emmy and I be part of such a fantastic party ;)