Thursday, July 31, 2008

Goodbye Razor Phone!

So this week has been filled with knocking off all the "to-do" list stuff. You know all that silly little stuff that you keep saying to yourself you need to get such-n-such done, but maybe tomorrow. Well we've been doing all those things this week. We re-organized the kids toys including dumping out the toy box in their room. I now remember why I hate toys with tiny pieces or lots of accessories...because they just find their way to the bottom of the toy box with all the other tiny parts. So after we sorted through all of it we then worked on their toy bins they got for Christmas. Each bin on the shelf now has a designated toy that goes in it (all small toys) and the front is being labeled with a photo and the name of that toy. Maddelyn was tickled pink about the new way of organizing her toys...yep another OCD-er like momma! The hardest part for her has been that Emma doesn't quite get (or shall I re-phrase that care) about our little organization system and just puts the toys wherever during clean up time. Poor Maddelyn, I feel her pain!

I have also been working on some new bows and clippies for the site. These different boutique styled bows will each come in an array of colors and the clippies are adorable holiday shaped clips. I would post pictures....but...my camera is currently being sent off to Nikon for repairs. So it's great that I had the insurance, not great that the repair time is 4-8 weeks! I will get a loaner though but it usually takes a week to get those to the customer.

So my phone died today...no I mean DIED!!!! I used it last night and then this morning when I went to use it the back fell off. Hmm? I tried to still use it and it wouldn't even turn on so I thought maybe it is just completely out of batteries. So when I charged it, it just vibrated and nothing else. I thought maybe I could reset it by taking out the battery. Bad idea! So when I took out the battery the back of the phone was full of a clear goop! I think the battery had exploded and then ate the plastic off the back panel of the phone! So after this happened I realized that hmmm...I bet if it was leaking battery acid that is what I got in my eyes this morning when I was putting in my contacts. It wasn't quite labor pain, but close!!! So anyways when I took it to the phone store they said that since the sensors in the phone showed that it had been wet inside (uhhh duh the clear battery goop) my warranty was no longer any good. But, since they offer a military discount I got a pretty good deal on a new phone. Oh my the joys of today! So....if you don't hear from me in a while it is just because all my contact numbers in my phone died with the phone. If you don't hear from me it's not because I forgot you, I just lost your number!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry about your phone and your camera... does your new phone take pics??? I really want to see pics of those new bows :D or at least an idea of the shape and style... I have money to spend I just can't decide which ones need to come home with me!! I really want to do one BIG order so I only have to pay shipping once ;) We went to the craft fair today that is in town, and another woman had bows, but yours are much nicer! I was just looking at color ideas, it was fun but I didn't buy a single thing at the whole show (go willpower!)
How are you feeling? baby still sitting happy in the belly? :)