Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We're Home!

So we're home!!! We had a ton of fun, but oh how this preggo momma missed the 80 degree weather of Ohio!!! I have tons of pictures to share and am currently uploading the ...cough...cough....500ish of them! Yep, it's taking a bit. I will share a few from our session at Sears that we did to take pics of everyone. I just wish the studio would have been big enough for all 48 of us to fit in one family photo. I guess when you have big families a group picture is out. Oh well...that's the Martin family though!


Nathan's parents and siblings

All but one of Grandpa and Grandma Martin's Grandkids...notice the difference in ages!

Grandpa and Grandma with the "greats"

4 generations picture

The tiny ones at this year's reunion. We did the same photo when Maddelyn was about 2 months old.

Grandpa David and Grandma Carla with the grandkids
So now that I am counting my blessings to be in C-O-O-L Ohio, here are a few things that you miss about the Buckeye State while on the Mexico boarder.
1. Grass and Trees
2. Temps under 100 (it got up to 105 ouch!)
3. Sleep (we had a WONDERFUL but busy week ontop of a time change)
4. My kids sleeping past 5:45 am
5. Mountains/hills that actually look like mountains and not just piles of dirt(see below)
6. Not being swollen ( I felt like a water balloon with the heat and fatigue last week.)
7. Did I mention the cooler weather? Oh how it is miserable being preggos and HOT!
Okay and here are a few cute kiddos quote from Texas.....
Maddelyn: "Mom! Look at those really big piles of dirt!" Mind you she is looking at a desert mountain that just doesn't have vegetation on it. It really did look like a pile of dirt!
Emma: Uncle Tim do you have a baby in your belly too? How embarrassing but I would rather she asked him than a woman who was not pregnant!
Maddelyn: "Dad can I get a cell phone?
Nathan: "Why do you need a phone?
Maddelyn: "To call all my friends like Lizzie!"
I seriously thought that we would make it to at least 9 before that conversation and not 5! Oh my!

2 comments:

Joyful Mom ~ Karla said...

You all left just in time to miss the flood! My house flooded last night, and so did Tabitha's. What a mess! It sure was fun meeting you and your sweet family. Blogger-buddies UNITE! LOL

Enjoy the cool of OH. Hugs!

Karla

Anonymous said...

yay I'm glad to hear you had a great time :) Very cute pics, what a big family :)