Saturday, June 28, 2008

Airplane Loot


So we leave in just a few hours...like 15.... for Texas! So I thought I would share with all my blogging friends how you keep three girls 5 and under entertained on 2 flights totaling about 5 hours. So here is the loot it takes to survive!

Now you can notice....magnadoodles, wedding bubbles, stickers, pens, crayons, notebooks, matchbox cars, silly putty, lip gloss and mirrors, bubble wrap, and that is just a tiny sampling. there also is a TON of food that could feed a family of 4 for about a month! Mind you that some of the food is for the trip home and each child has their own individual sized bag of each snack which makes it look like more. Caroline's loot includes...a mini flashlight, several key rights with keys, change purses, clothes pins to clip on things and take back off, play jewelry, mini dolls, stretchy/sticky insects, spinning tops, slinky, and tons more. Basically she has a lot to play with but the food is her main distraction. I figured that putting all the snacks in individual snack sized baggies would keep Caroline from pigging out on one item. If she sees there is more left int he bag she will yell for it and I could very likely end up feeding her an entire bag of cookies in like 10 minutes.

Each of the girls have their own rolling backpack...you know the ones that have a handle that pulls up and wheels, that they will be taking on the plane. It's full of their snacks, toys, a small pillow, hoodie, and stuffed animal. So hopefully this all runs smoothly!!! I will try to update after we get there but the week is pretty full with events. So, wish us luck and PRAY for safety on the trip and that Mommy's sanity is still intact when we reach El Paso!!!

2 comments:

Joyful Mom ~ Karla said...

I can't wait for you to get here! Too bad you're pg right now. Otherwise I'd have a nice BIG glass of wine to offer you after you got off the plane. LOL I'll be praying for a safe journey for you and the girls. See you manana/tomorrow!

Hugs,
Karla

Elaine said...

Mandi! Thanks for the tips. We are heading to Nebraska in August for my brothers wedding and I am just thinking.....how am I going to keep Noah entertained!!! I will just need to pack lots of goodies so that he has things to do. We dont have a fancy DVD thing or anything like that, so we will see how it goes!