Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer is Here!

So we're in PA and oh how Summer has arrived. I never realized how hot you feel pregnant even when you're not like 8 months and in mid-august. Or, maybe it's not being pregnant, maybe it's just plum HOT!!! So the temp today was like 90....hot but not like unbearable, but the humidity was insane! Let's just say that it was so miserable that my in-laws newly sealed garage floor was wet. I'm not talking about a tiny bit damp, like you walk across it and it feels like walking in dew soaked grass. Yep, that pure humidity. For our Texas family...that's what you miss living in the desert!

So the baby bump is getting much bigger than a baby bump. I am 11 weeks now and well, beyond showing. It's funny though because when I went to NJ last week I left barely showing (what I had at the beginning I had lost when I lost weight from morning sickness.) Well I left NJ with a pretty good bump and now a week later it's probably doubled in size, no joke! I just keep thinking.....it's the real hot day of the Summer season, and I have to go to Christmas!!!! At this rate I'm not going to be able to get my arms around the front of my stomach by Thanksgiving! Oh my! It's odd looking down and seeing the obvious signs of pregnancy but still not feeling the baby. More than likely it will still be several weeks even though this is #4. I generally feel them (he - speaking in faith!) just before my 20 week ultrasound. We'll see though. Maybe me showing so fast will speed up some of the other things as well, or maybe not. It could just be that I'm going to be HUGE this time around. My grandma said it's just because I am carrying a big, burly boy in there. Maybe Grandma???

2 comments:

JoyE said...

Mandi, you are so funny!!! So you got hot, now you know how I felt when you were here!!! Today it is really humid here and 87 degrees. Alicia and Emmy and I are going dolphin watching this PM, wish you were here. Give the girls hugs and kisses.
JoyE

Anonymous said...

ugh we've been very hot here too! I finally updated my blog too a bit you'll have to take a peek, and yes I got huge fast too, and to think I still have 4.5 months left to go, hopefully I will get an u/s soon so we can see if I'm getting another girl or a boy :D

Hope everything is going well for you, sorry about the stomach bugs, we had that a month or so back.