Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Long Week Already!

So it's only Tuesday and It's already been a L-O-N-G week! Let's just say that before noon yesterday, Emma had peed on the bathroom rug (obviously waiting way too long to head to the potty), spilled juice on their Pottery Barn bed spread (mind you no juice is allowed out of the kitchen) and opened their bedroom window and had the screen 1/2 pushed out! So that just started our day! The entire time we were at Walmart shopping the younger two were fighting and picking at each other. By the time we left Caroline had kicked, pinched, and bit Em, and Emma had poked Caroline in the eyes! I am talking about the 3 stooges kinda poking in the eyes! Oh my! That night I went out with some friends for dinner and when I returned the sitter had Emma sitting in time out in her bed. I guess that she had pushed Caroline of the couch and then as soon as she calmed back down Emma then hit her in the head with a board book. Poor kid looks like she kissed the pavement today and it was just from her sister! See, girls can be rough too!

Tonight I've been busy getting ready for a craft show that my bows will be in over the 4th of July. A friend of mine will be taking them with her items since we will be out of state. This is only my second craft show so I am hoping that I do as well as I did at the show before Christmas.

Oh...and we're headed to El Paso, Texas!!!! Nathan's grandparents are celebrating their 50th Anniversary at the end of this month and the family is having a week long celebration to celebrate. The whole week is planned out down to the detail since there will be like 50 people coming in for the week. I think this is the first time in a very long time that all 6 of their kids and their spouse/children have been home all at one time. So we leave the 28th-6th and Nathan will arrive late in the week because he will be home working. The girls are so excited to not only go to Texas, but they are extremely overjoyed that they will be able to fly in an airplane. the remind us all the time that they have never been on a plane and how much they want to fly. They were really bummed out when Caroline and I went to NJ a few weeks back not so much that they couldn't go but that we were getting on a plane and they weren't. Now if only Mommy were that excited. I will be flying the first leg of the trip, Cleveland to Dallas by myself. Once we get there my in-laws will be waiting with us on the lay over and then taking then they will take the same flight with us into El Paso. Now the tough part is that first flight is not only the first time I've flown by myself with more than one child, but it's THREE HOURS LONG and since there are only 2 seats per row, I have once child across the aisle from us. Oh joy!! I think I can contain the older 2 with new toys/snacks/ and the DVD player, but I have no clue on how to control Caroline. Hmmm? How do you keep an 18 month old on your lap still and entertained for 3 hours???? Any tips from other experiences parents would be wonderful!!!!

1 comment:

Joyful Mom ~ Karla said...

I am so excited that I'll finally get to meet you! We're planning on being at the Poki Roni Ranch for the party. If you're at Tabitha's I'll drive over and see you there too. I live about 5 minutes away from her! :)

Here's my flying advice...BENADRYL! LOL Okay. Seriously. Bring some fun snacks. We took my dd Lauren from El Paso to Milwaukee when she was 16 months old. She did great, but I had a second pair of hands to help out. If you have a couple of new toys to pull out that Caroline's never seen before, that should occupy her for awhile. And if you're lucky and it's naptime, then even better. :) The older girls will be so thrilled to be on an airplane that you probably won't have much trouble with them.

I'm looking forward to meeting you, your sweet girls and Nathan!

Hugs,
Karla