Friday, November 21, 2008

Crazy Day

So yesterday was definitely a day to remember. We found out that the county is not accepting the buliding permits that we had gotten through the city on our house remodel...so we now have to stop all work on the 3rd floor master suite and kitchen remodel (the main stuff that still needs done.) We were hoping to get moved in around the 1st of December but now everything is kinda being put on hold. The men as still able to work on all the little details that still need done around the house but not on those 2 major areas. So we now stand waiting on the county to review our plans and get back to us. They say the average time is about 2 weeks to hear back/get approved on your permits...but its a really fine tooth comb kinda acceptance. So we are just PRAYING that the county doesn't throw up any major red flags and that we get approval as soon as possible. I know my God is bigger than a county permit office! HaHa!!!

Then, to end the night just right, Caroline had a seizure. She had woken up the day before with a slight cold and that morning she had a bit of a cough. She was acting fine though, so much so that we went and had Christmas pictures of the girls done. After pictures we ran a few arrands and she developed a low fever. She fell asleep on the way home so I just put her straight to bed when we got home. After about 45 minutes she woke up crying and when we got her out she was really hot. My mom took her temp and it was 104.7. I called Nathan to stop on his way home for some meds and tried to take her temp again. This time it was acting all goofey like the battery was dying so I was not sure if that was a correct read or not. While we were waiting on the meds I gave her ice chips and she was just sitting in Grandma's lap taking and eating ice. All of the sudden she began to twitch all over and stare off into the distance. I hurried and called Nathan to come back form the store to take her to the ER. She came out of it but was still dazed. By the time we were in the van she had started another seizure and stayed that way until after getting to the ER. The DR checked her over and they gave her tylenol and oxygen and just waited for her to come around. They said it was completly realted to her high fecver and there would be no lasting effects from it. They said that her temp spiked so fast that her little body could do nothing else but shut down to handle it. Let's just say I don't think I've been so scared sicne they life flighted Emma to the NICU after she was having trouble breathing when she was born. Praise God the little thing is doing much better today. Of course I had her in bed with me last night and I think I watched her 3/4 of the night. They also had us do a tylenol/motrin regiment where she is getting one or the other every 3 hours for at least the first 24 hours. Today though she is normal Caroline with only a cough and a runny nose. She is just going through a normal cold, 10,000 times different than last night.

So after our little experience last night it was kinda like a wake up call on putting everything into perspective. We also have some good friends who after years of trying to concive have gone though many fertility treatments and yesterday went for their first baby OB appointment. After the first ultrasound they left being told that the Dr didn't fine anything. How heart wrenching to finally be pregnant and then hear that! Needless to say the problems and delays on our house just seem silly after hearing our friends' news and then being in the ER with Caroline. Yes, we do have the deadline of trying to get into our new home before the new baby arrives, trying to live out of suitcases at my parents' until then, and basically all the craziness that comes with a major remodel, but compared to the whole picture....it's all just stuff! By next Spring the stress of the remodel and the delay in it will just be a memory. We have been very blessed to have 3 healthy little girls...yes with the normal bumps and bruises, but 3 HEALTHY little girls! So on days like this you just have to look back and say....Thank you God for all the things we don't realize could have gone wrong in our lives and haven't. Praise God for the health of my children and for the fact that we will be getting a home....maybe later than origially planned....but that will be a dream home and will be large enough to be able to minister to others in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness I'm glad she's okay! Hi, I know I totally haven't been blogging but things are going well overall, one of these days I'll post some pics and update you on my life. Maybe in the next few days i'll take the time. Happy Thanksgiving!

*Heather said...

I"m so glad your little one is okay! I can't imagine going through that! And sorry about the permits and I'll be praying they come through quickly! Thanks for the reminder to be thankful for what we have...we can never get enough of that and to get the perspective that there is always someone that is in a far worse situation then what we think is the end of our world!

4ddintx said...

I'm so glad that Caroline is ok. Hannah had texted me while she was at the ER, so we were praying!

I'm sorry to hear about your permits--major frustration.

I'm glad you're keeping perspective, though.

Tab