Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankfulness

So...with Thanksgiving only a couple of days away, I challenge all my blogger friends to list their "Thankfulness" List on their blogs. I know that our family has so much to be thankful for this year!

1. Three healthy and growing little girls!

2. A baby boy on the way (due December 24th.)

3. A huge house that will be plenty of room for our growing family.

4. Hubby has a new job that he really enjoys and is pretty good at!

5. I get to have a beautiful new scrapbooking room at the new house...which a I painted a pretty light blue.

6. We were blessed this year to have the opportunity and manes to take the girls to Disney for the first time. We have so many wonderful memories to share with them now...hopefully enough to last until we can afford to go again! HaHa!

7. We were so excited that it worked out at the last minute for us to go to Texas for the Martin reunion this Summer. I twas so wonderful to see everyone and for the girls to "meet" their Texas cousins and realize they're are other Martins out there!

8. Even though it kinda gets old by Spring...we get to live in an area of the country that sees SNOW! I can't imagine having a Winter where it only gets chilly but there are no flurries. Okay...I say this while sitting infront of a warm heater looking out the window at the big flakes in the yard...but i know that by mid January I will be sick of having to deal with kids in the snow! HaHa!

9. I have parents who were so gracious to open their doors up to our family once again. Like my mom says...you keep coming back and each time you bring more! Thanks guys for helping our crew out while we wait on the remodel.

10. We have a wonderful church that is not only filled with sweet people but is truly on fire for God. It's so nice to know that your in an environment where you'll be spiritually fed each week.

11. I've made it to almost 36 weeks gestation with this baby and......I'm still pregnant! With all the preterm labor complications I had with Caroline and Emma I was labeled high risk this time around as well. Yes I have had some contractions but nothing like the last 2 times. I also had the scare with my heart and it has turned out okay as well. So, at 36 weeks I now have made it to "the safe zone" for delivery. Anytime from now on is okay for our little guy to arrive with a very low likelihood of complications.

12. We've been blessed this year with the opportunity to home school the older 2 girls. It definitely has been a learning experience but it is so nice to know not only what they are learning but to know exactly how well they are doing with their school work. Maddelyn is in kindergarten and just beginning her early ready. Emma is in preschool and is hard at work with her shapes, numbers, and letters.

13. Our new homes will have 18 rooms not including the partially finished basement...so even with 4 small children there will always be SOME place in the house where mommy can take a 5 minute kid-free break. Well, let me think about that a minute. Maybe not. No matter how big the house is they will still always be at my ankles! HaHa!

14. We are so thankful that this year we found out about Caroline and Emma having Wheat problems. We believe Caroline has Celiac Disease and Emma has a Wheat allergy (based on their level of sensitivity to wheat/gluten.) It has definitely made grocery shopping a bit more of a challenge, but it is nice to finally see my girls growing and getting hair! HaHa! Before we were trying everything to see what the food allergy was that was keeping little Caroline so tiny and bald and once we took her off gluten it was amazing to see such a change in her. She not only grew and got hair, but you could see ow much more healthy she looked in general.

Okay...so I challenge you to make your own thankfulness list on your blog. I hear little ones up stairs talking when they are supposed to be napping so I need to get off here. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: