Monday, December 1, 2008

Puppies and Babies!


So I just had to share these photos of my Aunt Kim's newest addition. She received 10 week old little Emmit for her birthday. Cute as can be isn't he! This little one is her 3rd and he is 10 times cute in real life! Caroline calls him "putty."


We went to my 36 week OB check last Wednesday and were able to go ahead and schedule my induction for the 16th of December! Woo-hoo! this really is a stress relief for me because with me being due December 24th, I was so worried that the girls would have to push back opening gifts until after their baby brother came home form the hospital. Anyone who knows me knows I am a tradition junkie so the thought of Christmas in the hospital was just so sad, But, it really helps that this is also one last thing for me to have to worry about right now. We are so busy with trying tot get into our new house and just plain old getting ready for baby that I don't need anyother worries. It hit me this past weekend that I have about 2 1/2 weeks until baby but I have NOTHING ready! No bed, no clothes, no carseat in place, no diaper bag, no hospital bags pack...nothing! So I her arrives today.... we would be making a Walmart run to bring him home. Praise God that my Dad and Husband helped me out last night by going through our stored boxes in the garage to find my cradle, carseat, and the baby boy stuff that I do have bought up. Since we figured that we would be at my parents for just a few weeks I had no clue I would need baby boy stuff left out. Now I just need to sort through these boxes to get out what I would need right away, clean the carseat, set up a cradle and such. I also have a shower next week that my mom and friend Jenn are throwing me so that will help prepare as well. I guess that we've just been so focused on the house that nesting was put on the back burner. I think if I get some stuff in order I will feel more at peace. After the contractions have greatly increased since going off the progesterone shots at 36 weeks, the nesting urge is taking over!

Hubby is on a trip for work all this week, so the girls and I will be both nesting as well as getting ready for my second craft show this weekend. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really wish I could be there :( I am so excited for you and your family- the changes you are about to experience are going to ultimately make your lives so much richer! Give hugs & kisses for me!