Tuesday, December 16, 2008

He's Here!!!


We are so proud to announce the arrival of our son....

Elijah Gregory David
12-16-2008
10:28 am
10 lbs o oz
21 1/2 inches

Yep...he's huge! All the nurses have said he looks more like a 1 month old! I kept telling everyone that I knew we were having a big baby based on how big my belly was. He weighed in at almost exactly a pound heavier than Caroline was. Besides being obviously huge, Elijah has a headfull of light brown hair that is tipped in yellow. He has light yellow fuzz all over his body and Maddelyn's lip liner lips. It will be interesting to pull out all the baby pictures to see just who he looks the most like.

Little Elijah decided that he wanted to make his arrival on his own time frame since instead of going in for my induction at 7 am this morning, my water broke at 3 am! It had to be his way! Things progressed very quickly after we arrived at the hospital at 5am, and by 10 am I was complete and ready to push! This whole labor and delivery experience was a definite ansewer to prayers at how quickly it went and just how smooth it all was. After my epidural I ended up feeling nothing!!! I couldn't even feel the normal pressures that are still left with an epidural. As my mom says, I was talking and laughing between contractions/pushes! Obviously I felt fine even while delivering this 10 pound baby! PRAISE GOD!!! Everything went as smoothly as possible and even after he arrived I remember saying I can not believe that he's here already! WOW!

I will take more close up pictures tomorrow, but I figured that everyione wanted to see at least what I had already. I need to cut this a bit short though since Little Elijah is wanting to eat.










5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a PRECIOUS BABY BOY!!!!! I want to squeeze those cheeks!!! ;)I like that John Deere...but isn't he a bit young for pull toys??? hehehe- CONGRATULATIONS and PRAISE G-D for a beautiful delivery!!!!

4ddintx said...

He is such a doll! I see Martin all over him. Especially in that first pic. I can't wait to see more. He looks so big and healthy, just like Joanna did. Get the 3-6 months clothes out--he'll be in them in 4-5 weeks!

We're so excited for all of you and can't wait to meet your little guy. Why is TX so far from OH?

Love you! Tab

Joyful Mom ~ Karla said...

He is so precious! I am rejoicing with you over his smooth arrival. I love the Santa hat! Way too cute! Hugs, Karla

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is BEAUTIFUL! What a big boy! What do your girls think? Wow! What a change after three girls. Enjoy your little newborn--you know how quickly they grow up!

Amber said...

He's gorgeous!!!!!!!