Monday, December 15, 2008

Tomorrow's the Day!!!

Well, tomorrow is the big day! In less than 24 hours ( I pray!!!) we will get to meet Mr. Elijah! It seems so weird to say "our son!" I am to be at the hospital to start the induction at 7:00am and by judging about how long it took with Caroline I would say that we should meet him tomorrow evening. Today has been spent doing all that last minute stuff. Most of it was not life or death, but things I wanted to check off the to-do list before the baby arrived. My dear friend Alicia said I was super mommy today with the silly stuff I got done! I have all the gifts wrapped, the kids stuff prepared for them to have sitters the next few days, my room re-organized (to make room for baby), laundry done for the most part, the girls room cleaned, Christmas pictures cut apart and labeled to hand out, Christmas cards/birth announcements ordered, my ribbon stock re-organized, and all my hair bow orders made up and shipped out! Whew! Let's just say I should sleep well tonight!!! With me being a bit OCD, I think labor will go alot better knowing my to-do list got knocked off and not having to worry about it after I come home.

We also are coming along on the house. As of today, all the carpet has been laid, the wood floors refinished, almost all the painting is done, we have bedrooms, dining room, and living room furniture up, and last but not least our Christmas tree is up! We wanted to make sure that the girls got to enjoy putting their own tree up even if we are not quite in the house yet. We are getting pretty close though. Today my appliances were delivered and last night Nathan's Grandmother hung bedroom curtains for me. Of course whenever we do decide to move in we will still be without a kitchen and the 3rd floor master suite is still waiting on the permits from the county. So, hopefully soon after the little one arrives we will be moved in. I'll post pictures of it as soon as I can after the baby.

So think of us tomorrow and I will of course have my laptop and camera with me at the hospital to download pictures as soon as I can after he arrives! As everyone who see's me keeps saying...he's going to be a big one! I'm guessing at least 9 lbs 8 oz based on the fact that Caroline was 9 lbs 0.6 oz and I am much bigger this time around. We'll see tomorrow though!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Good Luck tomorrow Mandi! Can't wait to see the new little one. What a wonderful Christmas present he will be! Best wishes to you and your family!