Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

So I haven't updated since before the weekend since we've been a bit busy. The flu has been once again making it's rounds here at home. Unfortunatley the day after I brought the baby home form the hospital I ended up fighting the flu bug myself. That 24 hour flu comes and goes pretty fast, but it sure does hit you hard while it's here! Oh my has this bug made adjusting to a 4th child so much harder! The baby himself has been a dream though. He is a super easy child who sleeps pretty much all the time...unless he has once again decided he is hungry....he is eating at anywhere between 1 1/2 to 3 hours(much more towards the 1 1/2 hours though!) I sure hope this easy temperment stays with him!

We had Elijah at his first doctors' appoint ment yesterday. The nurse practioner said he looked great and he was almost back to birth weight at 9 lbs 15.5 oz at 6 days old! He is a bit jaundice, but not that bad. She said he looked just fine and was pleased with his over all check-up...again everything is so smooth with this baby!

Besides the flu and getting used to being parents of 4, we also are getting closer and closer to moving in to our new house. We decided that even though we will not quite be moved into the new house, we are going to spend our first night there tomorrow night so the kids can wake up on Christmas morning and open presents under their own tree in our new home. I'm not sure that we are quite ready to stay there full time yet but we are really close to it.

I need to get Elijah and I settled in to bed for the night. Have a great Christmas and I will post more picture after all the presents are opened and the wrappign paper mountain is cleared! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I just wanted to say Congrats to you and your family on the new baby! He is very healthy loooking! I cant beleive you delivered a 10lb baby! I still dont know if I am having a boy or a girl, but either way it will most likely be larger than Noah due to its cooking time! I never would have immagined I would go over due! It's like we flip flopped from the last baby due around the same time! Well once again I am soo happy for you! Enjoy your newborn. Oh and I may be coming to you for tips on siblings!