Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More of Elijah....yes we're a bit proud!

Ok so I just couldn't help myself from taking tons of more photos today of our precious baby boy! I picked a *cough* *cough* few of them to share with everyone. It's amazing how much his looks change literally by the hour! He is looking so much more like a boy baby! He also is showing himself to be a pretty laid back baby. He really only gets upset if he is hungry and then I still have to really work with his to nurse because he just wants to sleep! Daddy can not be anymore proud of his new son! We did realize that Elijah has Daddy's widow's peak hair line for sure! How funny that none of our girls got it but sure enough our boy did! We spent the day with a few visitors, but pretty much just realxing. Last night I was able to get about 6 hours give or take of sleep that was broken up into like 1 1/2 hour naps. I still think that for the first night with a not so motivated nurser, that was pretty good. I also was able to take a couple hour nap this afternoon. I laid down and was out! Elijah must have flet the same way though because he was also out cold at the same time! We were hoping for the girls to get to come to the hospital today to meet their new baby brother, but that wasn't really possible. My mom said that Emma and Caroline were both throwing up last night. Maddelyn has been doing quite a bit better, but the other 2 just started the virus. Great! Nothing like bringing a baby home to sick kids! Praise God for my mom who was so very sweet to care for my sickies while we were up here with Elijah. We will be going home tomorrow as soon as my and his doctors have gave us the go ahead. So far everything looks great with both of us and we hope to be out before lunch!

Here is a link to the hospital's website where they posted Elijah's picture today. http://199.117.41.164/body.cfm?xyzpdqabc=0&id=9&action=detail&ref=1078 We'll still have his actual portraits done before we leave to go home tomorrow.


Nathan and his mom with the baby

Nathan's Grandmother and Elijah

Can you tell at all how proud I am of that not so little bundle?




It almost seems like a waste to have all that lovely hair on a boy! No...I am loving all that silky smooth hair...even if it on a boy! After having two bald baby girls, I am blessed to see any hair let alone that much!

My Aunt Donna has made yey another diaper bag for us. I think the teal and brown she picked out was just too cute! Thanks Donna!






5 comments:

Joyful Mom ~ Karla said...

He is just gorgeous, and YES, he's certainly all boy. Love his hair!

*Heather said...

OH what a cute little boy you have there! Congrats to you!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

OH YAY! I am so happy for you! Great birth story! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful birth! What a handsome little man you have, amazing how he looks so much like his sisters and so much like a boy at the same time! He's huge! 4lbs bigger than Megan was at birth, and she is still a peanut at abuot 8.5 lbs! wow! Guess you'll be exchanging any 0-3 month size clothes and heading right into the 3-6mo clothes! I was praying for you! What a blessing! I'm so happy for you :)

Heidi Lacy said...

What a Chunk:) Too Cute I am so happy for you, Wait until you see how much difference there is in precious Little boys than the girls your use to :)Congrats Nathan you Got your Boy:)

Brenda said...

OH I LOVE that sweet, scrunchie face! He's so cute!