Monday, September 14, 2009

Busy Weekends

We were once again busy this weekend....but of course I really can't remember what kept us so busy?? Nathan had guard this weekend so it was just the kids and I keeping the fort down. There was a crop at our church this weekend that I was really wanting to go to but since it was just me and the kids I had a sitter come for the day. It was the first time with this new sitter but I think my children had more fun at the house than I did at my crop? They walked to the park, painted nails (with patterns and 3-D stars), played outside, watched a movie, just to mention a few things they did! They had a blast that day. Sunday after church and naps we went to Willard. There was a festival in town and the county's smoke trailer was there for children to learn about how to escape from a burning building. I took all three girls though and they really seemed to enjoy it. Maddelyn knew more about fire safety than I knew she did. Emma however didn't know that much. I guess Maddelyn picked it up somewhere...so sad that someone who's entire family is involved in some way with the local fire department and spent a large amount of her childhood at the fire station now has children who are out of the loop on fire safety. What a slacker mom! I guess we will be doing a fire safety lapbook during fire prevention week in October.

This week we have yet another busy week...now that I think about have I EVER had a week as a stay at home mom that wasn't busy??? We started working on our "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" lapbook today with Maddelyn. We were excited to find out that after we picked this lapbook to find out that the movie of the book comes to theaters this week as well! What a great way to end our study! We will be flying solo this week since Nathan is on a trip this week, which just makes each tiny errand and event so much more chaotic. 4 to 1 ration is quite a bit different from the normal 4 to 2 ratio. We are also scheduled to have Emma visit with her dermatologist at Children's Hospital in Columbus to look at the birth mark on her head. I think that we are ready to have it removed so we are going back in to see the doctor to get her opinion. the last time we were there she said that she would suggest we have it removed at some point to avoid any abnormal cell growth as well as her being self conscious about it later on and we could just let her know when we were ready. This past Summer Emma has been mentioning it quite a bit so I think it's time to go in and see about it.

So even thought it's not a major even week I'm sure it will fill up rather quickly. Even if it doesn't I'm positive the 4 little ones will beyond fill my extra time! They are really good at that?

No comments: