Saturday, September 5, 2009

Finally Back at It!

So now that the new school year is here I am getting back to blogging on a regular schedule. I really do miss my regular posts and the whole reason I was bloggin was to keep a nice little online journal for the kids some day as well as to keep out of town friends and family updated with our lives. Well both of the reasons are why I need to get back at this again.






So on Monday we started our homeschool year. Maddelyn is now in 1st grade (oh my how did that happen??) and Miss Emma is a kindergartner! She is a bit young, not turning 5 until the second week of October, but we think she was ready. After all isn't that what homeschooling is about, taking things as your kids need them and setting your own pace? So far she's done pretty well.. just a bit wiggly but that's normal for this age. If we get past the wiggles she is learning a lot. Growing up my mom had a Rose of Sharon Bush in our yard and each year we took our first day of school picture in front of it. Well to my joy the pretty bush we had in our yard all Summer bloomed out to be a rose of Sharon in the same color! So our kids also get to take their first day of school pictures in front of the same type of bush that I did. Okay...sappy, but as Nathan says "Traditions!!!"


As I had posted before we totally re-did both our entire curriculum as well as our homeschool room. I thought I would few pictures of it. the girls are pretty excited about it and how much it looks like a real school room. We even have a real class pet... thanks to my parents and their goldfish. It still has no name because Emma calls it Dorthy (after Elmo's fish) and Maddelyn has named it Bubbles so officially it has not name. But..I guess after living it's entire life up to this point at my parents with no name it can survive a bit longer until we decide on a single name for the new fish.





These are the beautiful storage rods we picked up at Ikea for $1.99 a pole and $2.99 a basket! We also got a set to hang under the chalk board and 2 sets for our Master Bathroom. LOVE them!





All of these boxes are the girls workboxes, which I will be posting more details on very soon. I wanted to get some pictures of them using them before I did a big write up on them. All I can say is they have totally changed our method of homeschooling by making our day run much smoother! The girls might even like them more than me if that's possible??




I will post more about the workboxes soon but I need to call it a night since we have church in the morning. there is just never enough hours in the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! Awesome! U have the best school room around! :)

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Your room looks fabulous!