Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Don't Want To Get Shots At My Party!

We had a very nice day today just hanging out with the kids and doing things on the I-would-love-to-do-but-never-have-enough-time-to list. We made brownies (Gluten Free of course), played with daddy;s huge plastic tote of Lego's from his childhood, ate carmel apples, watched Dora, researched ideas for Emma's 5th Birthday Tea Party, (huge event in our house), made pizza on corn tortillas for dinner, and basically just had a good day. The girls seems really relaxed, I was pretty stress free and able to deal with things quite a bit easier, and I was able to get some things done that were beyond just the day to day necessities of life. I've been working on planning Emma's party as well as a bridal shower for Nathan's brother's fiance (Emily), and I even got some things made up/planned for my Fall craft shows!

While doing planning for the party I asked Emma what she thought of a Fancy Nancy Tea Party? Fancy Nancy is all the rage in our house right now. She is a character from a series of children's books who thinks life is better when you live it fancy. She calls everything by a fancier name and dresses to the nines in tutus, boas, and sunglasses. Basically the perfect book series for three little girls. Well I thought Emma would be beyond words excited when I mentioned it but instead she started crying? I was like Emma why are you crying about planning your birthday party? She said because I have to get a shot at my party! Well that is called being a younger sister. For the past year Maddelyn has been telling Emma that when she turns 5 and goes to kindergarten she will have to get shots. So you can only imagine how often Maddelyn reminds her sister that she had to and so will Emma. Yeah such a sweet big sister. So Emma is now correlating turning five means getting shots and not having the HUGE tea party?? In our family we have started with the girls that truning 5 means that you are no longer a little girl but you are growing into a big girl and we celebrate that with a real ladies tea with real tea cups, finger foods, and such. So Maddelyn being the wonderful big sister that she is has turned being 5 form the day of your 5 year old tea part yo the day you get shots. Thanks Maddelyn!

No comments: