Saturday, March 11, 2006

Busy at the Martin's.......again!

Well as you can probably tell by my lack of posts this week....we have been swamped around here. But of course not in a bad way, just busy! We had such a slammed weekend that the short-ones went to PA to stay with Grandma and Grandpa for the weekend. Oh, I am sure they are not missing us one bit though, We called yesterday to check on our dear ones and Maddelyn gets on the phone and says...out of breath..."Dad! We're jumping!" Well my dear in-laws I guess purchased a 8 foot by 8 foot blow-up jump ring for our girls to play in. but that's not it...they moved the furniture out and set it up in their formal living room for them! Yep...first time grandparents and obviously Maddelyn knows how to play them!! They are having a blast though and will probably cry when we pick them up!

We did have a great weekend though. Nathan and I went away for the first time together since he returned form Iraq. I used up my gift card to an all day spa and then he picked me up and headed to a dinner theater for the Seven Brides for Seven Brothers production.....my favorite! We also got to stay at the Hilton! Woo-hoo! Then, of course we had to hit up EVERY scrap store with-in 50 miles! :D It was great though. Not only did we have fun, but we got to spend some much needed relaxing moments as well as special couple time.

The big news here tonight is that we are getting PUPPIES! Yep, it is finally time for Liberty. Well if it isn't then she is one misserable dog for nothing? She is so unconfortable right now and just can't sit still. I think we'll have the wee ones by morning, but we'll see.

Here is a layout that I did of my girl and I. The journaling reads:
"I never knew being a mommy would be as wonderful as it is. You fill our days with joy and our hearts with warmth. Maddelyn you are a precious gift from God!" These pictures are of Maddelyn on my birthday 2 years ago. Man does she look like Emma Grace in these pictures? Or shall I say Emma looks an aweful lot like her big sister used to!

No comments: