Friday, March 31, 2006

My Precious Child is Turning 3!

Today we are preparing for the girl's big birthday bash tomorrow. My how our princesses have grown! This is Maddelyn at her 1st birthday party enjoying her cake! The journaling reads: In our family we have the tradition of the 1st birthday cake. It is made of chocolate and is completely covered in icing! We of course let you make a huge mess!

It amazes me how much she's changed in the last 2 years, but at the same time she is exactly the same just bigger. I mean it is amazing to watch her learn new things and develop into the person God designed her to be. I would have to say though from the time she was a baby we could already see that STRONG Martin personality. (Yep Nathan it's ALL from you! :P) She is the goofiest, ham-it-up kinda gal, but at he same time so determined and strong-willed! A perfect mix of the two! Well, maybe just a tad bit too much bull-headedness in there? Nathan says it's all from me, but no.....I've heard stories about him when he was little! I guess if we are pointing fingers at where her personality comes from we could look at Grandpa David as well? When he dedicated her at 2 weeks old, he said her name meant "strong tower." Yep, that did her in. She is definitely a strong tower kinda gal!

Enough joking, she is such a precious gift of God to us! I can honestly say that God knew what he was doing when he send me Maddelyn. She is what got me through Nathan's deployment. Yes, we but heads quite a bit, but she keeps me on my toes. She always has me thinking...well why does that happen...where does this come from...who made that happen...and so. She is such an intelligent child! I say that she is a Princess, but Drama Queen is much more like it. Everything to Maddelyn is extreme...really happy...really excited...really silly...or really mad. That is how she lives her life...to the fullest! I might get frustrated sometimes with her stubbornness, but I admire her. She is living out her life to miss nothing God set before. She is taking life by the throat and not letting go.

It is kind of sad to see my oldest turn three tomorrow, but in a way it is exciting to see this new phase in her life begin. She now is officially a "pre-schooler" oh my! I hope that she has a wonderful time tomorrow at her Princess party with her cousins who turn 4. We have lots of fun things to do and lots to prepare before then.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I love the LO from the 1st birthday. It is so bitter sweet when your children grow. I loved reading about your love for your little girl. Thanks for sharing
~~Nik

Adrienne said...

I LOVE the LO!!!

Adrienne said...

I LOVE the LO!!!

justem said...

This layout is awesome!!

Sprayers in Uttar Pardesh said...

I love it !