Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Caroline at 6 Months

I know, I know. She'll be 7 months before I know it and I still have not shared her 6 months photos. I can not believe this little girl. I think everyday she acts and looks so much older. She is still full swing cutting those bottom two teeth. I can't believe it has taken almost a week since I noticed them? How close to the skin can they be without poking through? She also is doing pretty well as sitting up now. Of course she still wobbles over some but she can sit pretty long before she ends up on her side or back again. She also is getting even more verbal. Last week's letter was "G." That baby said it all the time and she would gargle on her own spit. I know it sounds gross, but it was cute! The last two days she has been discovering her swollen gums so she always has her tongue in the front of her moth and trying to talk that way. So cute!






So the big news in our family this week is that we have been made Elder and Elder's wife at church. Isn't there something ironic about us being 26 and 25 and ELDERS??? Weird! I can just feel the years gaining on me with that one! But shhhh it has not been announced at church yet! LOL!

We've also been throwing around the pre-school topic a lot this week. We finally decided that it was in the best interest of the whole family to send Maddelyn to pre-school this year instead of homeschooling her. We think one year at school and then start homeschooling in Kindergarten will work out best. Not only is it hard to find one-on-one time with her, but the time I do have is during Emma's nap. That time now is used for everything I need to do before Emma gets back up agian. When you have a 2 year old this active, you need 100% attention on her so homeschooling during my only time to get stuff done is out. Besides all that, the real reason is that Emma is a typical 2nd child. She of course has not been worked with as much as Maddelyn was, but also she lets Maddelyn domineer over her. Maddelyn is a STRONG firstborn and takes complete control. If you say..."Emma what cup do you want?" Maddelyn says "She wants the pink one." If someone asks Emma her name, Maddelyn says "Her name is Emma." The sad thing is most of the time Emma just lets her answer for her! Uhhh! So basically Emma is in need of some one-on-one time with Mommy. So pre-school for Maddelyn is good for both her and her little sister. So now the question is which school and do we want 3 or 5 mornings a week?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the most adorable grandchildren in the world and No I'm not partial, I speak only the truth!!! HA!

4ddintx said...

Caroline is such a doll! Naomi cut her first tooth on Monday and turned 6 months yesterday. She also spends a lot of time with her tongue sticking out.

Carla, I'll let you keep billing as having the cutest grandkids since I don't have any yet!

Love, Tabitha

toners said...

What beautiful photos :) Just gorgeous!

Alyssa said...

What a great smile she has...I bet you have fun taking lots of photos!